stock 351w and performer rpm intake?! (from germany :) )

sanka

May 31, 2002
germany
Hey.. my name is Jan... 2 years ago I shipped a 67' Mustang to Germany (where i life) and now it is time to restore it...

The stang has a 351 windsor (seems to be stock, except the cam)
I want to put a edelbrock performer rpm intake on it... will it work with the stock heads? what do I have to modifiy if not ?
What can I excpect from the engine with the new intake ??
Can there be conflicts with the intake and the cam (of wich i do not know anything...)...

THX VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP....greetz from germany.. BY JAN....

• Sponsors (?)

351W did not come out until 1969 so it is not stock, but there's nothing wrong with that. What intake does it have now? If you have a healthy cam, you need to change intakes to take advantage of it. I'd suggest the Performer R.P.M. Air Gap.

...Hmm well ... first of all... I know that the engine is not stock in a '67 what i ment is that the engine itself is stock.....

right know it has a 2barrel intake... dunno what brand...

thx for your answers...

The RPM will work fine on it, no matter what's inside the motor. Ford used to offer a high rise dual plane for the Windsor ( along with one for the 289-302) that was similar to the RPM. As far as an Air-Gap ? The difference there in performance probably wouldn't register on the seat-of-the-pants meter over a reg. RPM . Either one will do fine, just choose the one you like the best.

I have a Performer RPM intake on my 69 windsor, with stock heads and cam, and it runs great. The throttle response is great, I even get comments from other people how they are surprised at the crispness of the throttle.
I can't compare it to a stock intake, as I've never had a stock intake on this motor.

It will bolt right up with no problems.

I have same kind of setup: -69 351w, with Crower cam, stock heads, hedman headers. I chose performer (not RPM), cause I got it cheap... I don´t think there is so big difference with stock heads? If you are going to update your heads in near future, then deffinetly go with Performer RPM or Weiand Stealth. This regular performer also has a little lower profile than RPM, so check your hood clearence before buying RPM... Nice to see there is Stangs also in Germany.

Hey... THX a lot for your help guys.....

The US CAR scene is actually really big in Germany...

If you wann visit the webpage of the garage where i work at...
THERE U GO -> www.stevies-garage.de

if u do not understang German :p than go for the first three links and u will see some pictures of US UK and German classics....

CYA JAN