Stock Alt?

• Sponsors (?)

Black 93 Fox said:
Hey nice looking LX :D . Got any more pics i could see? What color of paint is that?

Black 93 Fox

I dont' really know how to post the pics.... :D ...I did that avatar thing a while back...I might look how to do it tomorrow ...the color is called reef blue...I like it...most people when they see it call it green but if they look close its not :nice:

Thanks for the compliment :flag:

I would go ahead and get a 3g alternator from paperformance...it helped me out quite a bit and it doesn't have a problem keeping up with my a/c, electric fan, etc...

David

5spd GT said:
I dont' really know how to post the pics.... :D ...I did that avatar thing a while back...I might look how to do it tomorrow ...the color is called reef blue...I like it...most people when they see it call it green but if they look close its not :nice:

Thanks for the compliment :flag:

I would go ahead and get a 3g alternator from paperformance...it helped me out quite a bit and it doesn't have a problem keeping up with my a/c, electric fan, etc...

David

Think you might be able to e-mail them to me? My addy is [email protected]

Thanks, Black 93 Fox

P.S. You can check mine out here if you want. http://community.webshots.com/user/black93fox

Black 93 Fox said:
Think you might be able to e-mail them to me? My addy is [email protected]

Thanks, Black 93 Fox

P.S. You can check mine out here if you want. http://community.webshots.com/user/black93fox

I love your car man...I was originally looking for a black one just like that... :nice:

I got some homework I got to get done so I'm going to get off here for now...and after I get out of college tomorrow afternoon I'll see what I can do...I might PM them or email ya...alright...

I took the pics the day I got the car...so it wasn't "as good" as it is now but nothing changed except some cleaning...

David

5spd GT said:
I love your car man...I was originally looking for a black one just like that... :nice:

I got some homework I got to get done so I'm going to get off here for now...and after I get out of college tomorrow afternoon I'll see what I can do...I might PM them or email ya...alright...

I took the pics the day I got the car...so it wasn't "as good" as it is now but nothing changed except some cleaning...

David

Cool.....is your's a 5spd or a auto?

Later, Black 93 Fox

Kinda stealing the post here, black 93 fox.... Im Sorry.

I have a 95 amp alternator I bought at Napa. Do you guys think this is enough amperage to run a Mark 7 electric fan? without pulley's? I think I'll get a more gain form the electric fan.maybe not? :shrug: Thanks

Well here ya go Black 93 Fox...I took these the day I got it (no recent ones)...little dirty but its okay...

Tropyhead - If you got the money I would go ahead and do a 3g upgrade and that shouldn't have to much of a problem keeping up with it :nice:

5spd GT said:
Well here ya go Black 93 Fox...I took these the day I got it (no recent ones)...little dirty but its okay...

Tropyhead - If you got the money I would go ahead and do a 3g upgrade and that shouldn't have to much of a problem keeping up with it :nice:

Looks awsome man. Need to put some wet and shine on thoes tires. :nice:

Later, Black 93 Fox

Stock is rated at 65A -- but alternators don't actually put out a certain amount of current. The components that take electricity 'pull' on the alternator -- up until the alternator can't meet the load. The alternators are capable of putting out much less than the rated amount of idle - if they're pulled on for it. They're capable of putting out more than the rated at higher rpm. So the rating (65A, 95A, 130A, etc.) is an average number. Go to www.pa-performance.com and look at their tech section for more info on how much they can actually provide at different rpm. My understanding is that the MKVIII pulls a bunch of amps (I've read as high as 47A) - and it will overwhelm the stock 65A alternator at low rpm. A 95A I believe will be marginal if you have a decent stereo turned up and the defroster/heater/a-c on high at the same time the fan is on. If you're gonna upgrade, I'd go with a 130A.

Black 93 Fox said:
Looks awsome man. Need to put some wet and shine on thoes tires. :nice:

Later, Black 93 Fox

Thanks...it looks better know that I got it all cleaned up...thats what happens when you are bored one day and spend 5 hours cleaning it :nice:

If you have to replace your alternator, you should just plan on doing the 3G upgrade. Its documented everwhere. Basically you replace your alternator with one for a 94-95 GT. This alternator puts out 130A (a bit less at idle) Its mostly worth it if you have an electric fan, a decent stereo, or any other electrical goodies your stang didn't come with. (If you do the upgrade though, I suggest adding at least an additional 8 gauge wire from the alt to the battery ... I used 4 gauge, but I'm looking @ a 1,000 watt stereo by the end of summer)

I just bought an Autolite 80 amp alt. from the Advance Auto Parts website. It is new, not rebuilt. I don't really need to upgrade to a 130. I have a stock fan and stereo. Anyway stay away from the rebuilt ones at Advance. I bought an AC Delco rebuilt that lasted 4 months before it burned up. I got another one to replace it and it lasted 1 day before the bearings started sounding like they were going to come apart. I said screw the rebuilts, got a refund and ordered the all new Autolite. So far so good. My stock one lasted almost 15 years. Not too shabby.