Stock fuel rails not enough? Recommendations on new ones?

• Sponsors (?)

thompsonsd said:
Anybody know if my stock fuel rails are handling my mods ok, or if an aftermaket set would make a difference? My sig. has my major mods. Any suggestions on which rails would be best or where to get them?

Thanks!

U should be fine. I've herd that stock rails are good up to 450-500 horse. Plus I've heard installing aftermarket rails is a Bit ch beacuase of clearance problems with the intake.

what alot of people are doing around by me is installing 94-95 stock fuel rail. they are bigger then the 87-93 rail. you can pick up a used set for around $75-$100 with a adjustable fpr. i just got mine used with a adjustable fpr for $95. they are almost a direct fit, you just have to bend one of the supply line i little. from what i heard the stock fuel rails are good up to about 450hp.

I should probably give the reason I asked this. When I had my old pump I had a severe pressure drop when I hit the throttle, back when I had 24# injectors. Then I upgraded to the 255lph BBK pump and FMS 30# injectors, also new fuel filter. Now when I hit the gas I still see a pressure drop, not huge, but very irritating... Is this normal, I thought that will a 255lph pump there wouldn't be a drop??