Stock Height Fiberglass Hood

Why would you put a stock hood back on?
I can't speak for him, but after having a 3" cowl hood that I hated I really didn't want another. Now I will be putting a 97 Cobra engine in my fox and I'm going to use an 03/04 Cobra style hood which should provide the clearance needed without much visibility issues. Should give me nice heat extraction as well.

bB73rAP.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Someone makes a stock hood in carbon . I have to find it . It’s a bolt on . There’s a local car here that’s black and he left the center carbon it’s very nice looking
IMG_7283.jpeg

Why would you put a stock hood back on?
I've been in a less is more phase for a while now. I do somewhat like the hood and i've had it for 20 years, but in general i'm not a big fan of aftermarket hoods. Chances are, when i get the car painted i will have them paint a new hood and the one i have.
When i purchased mine, my original was dented and i couldn't find a stock fiberglass hood and figured a 1.5 was the next best thing. It's subtle but noticeable (which is why i'm always on the fence with the idea)
Cervini's hoods are higher quality, so they are by no means light but they retain the safety latch and as far as i know you don't need hood pins, which are something i really despise.
The weight is closer to a stock hood and nothing like those super light weight hoods that twist and bend and look like they are going to come unlatched at 60mph. when i was a kid and put the hood on, i really didn't do the math on the weight savings, which is nearly nothing.
I'm 6'1 so i can easily see over it. But there is no chance i personally would want a 2 or larger considering i barely want a 1.5.

I've seen terminator swaps fit with the bracing cut out of the middle of the stock hood for the supercharger pulley. But these swaps are all very different so i don't think anything is a sure thing.

Last edited: