stock temp gauge question

• Sponsors (?)

By SWG, the middle mark is 200 degrees. Divide the number of marks between it and the 130 degree mark into 70 (200-130=70) and you get the value of each mark.

Seriouslly if you want to find what temp you are running get a IR spot thermometer for about $40-$70, or a candy thermometer from the grocery store for about $8

IR thermometer
ir_mini_1.gif

See ThermoWorks – IR-Mini Infrared Thermometer

Candy thermometer:
077784035054.jpg

See ANTOnline.com - Taylor 3505 Taylor Precision Products Candy/Deep Fryer Thermometer 3505

JR has you covered. The stock gauge is so inaccurate that it really doesnt matter what the graduations are. Might as well have had a Low and high, with a lot of grey area in the middle.

people typically run the 160's and 180's to fool the computer into thinking that the car isnt warmed up, so it adds fuel. however, in your situation you dont really need that. i would run as close to stock as possible, as when the engine is warm, it is far more efficient.

HISSIN50 well i'm not sure the exact temp it runs at? but on the stock gauge it's right at about 1/2 way.Cobra_Dusten well iguess i need to see what the original temp for my motor is then? if i'm reading right to the post that jrichker posted it's at 200. it's just got me bugged out cause with the 302 i could let it warm up and it would take forever to warm up and would always run cool. this motor warms up quick.i need to throw the timming light on it (hopefully today) and see what i'm at? cause i know as it is now 2500RPM and up it's a dog.It's kinda like a ricer over 2500RPM it's loud as hell but goes now where :rlaugh: peace

john:p