Stripes? I am thinking of it...opinions

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck Clay! I was going to put the Baltimore Street Mod 10" full kit on my wife's GT but after reading all the posts and finding out that most shops only charge $225 to do the install I figured that would be the way to do. Mistake....The shop said they would rather simply make their own stripes so if one got messed up they could just make another. Result...crooked, bubbles, wrinkles. They said the front bumper and CDC spoiler were too hard because they were curved. I told them that the BSM kits were pre cut with contours to fit...OK we can do that....Wrong, It looked like the devil even with BSM's very nice kit. I am sure I could have done better. Had them take the mess off and refund the install money and the cost of the BSM kit.....Result.....The car is at a very well respected shop as we speak getting the stripes painted on for $700. I wish you the best of luck! Like I said, I am sure I could have done better than these guys but in the end we just decided to have them painted on and be done with it. Take your time and I bet you can get it right...BTW BSM does sell individual pieces if one gets booger up.

I did my own install. Definitely take your time and with the larger sections, an extra pair of hands will help. I second the idea of using tape to help lay it out/line it up. I used tape to hold mine up as I was doing the job solo.
I would like to have some more stripes on mine, but I just haven't found the look I'm happy with. The duals are way overdone and those who have the wide single looks great and those who have the different side stripes(BOSS/MACH) and hood graphics like Humboldt have look good. My problem is the Vista color and want something not seen often.

WAY:OT: , but won't yours out handle and out run a stock Shelby:rlaugh:

Kool, you ever thing about doing a charcoal grey metallic instead of white? I think the subtle contrast with more stripes like you say you want would look phenominal.. Example would be a shade or two darker than Heavy's over the vista. I would do the boss ones either way personally.. I think that stripe layout simply rocks...

Kool, you ever thing about doing a charcoal grey metallic instead of white? I think the subtle contrast with more stripes like you say you want would look phenominal.. Example would be a shade or two darker than Heavy's over the vista. I would do the boss ones either way personally.. I think that stripe layout simply rocks...

I agree. That color would look great with Vista Blue.

Good luck clay. I know you'll post pics when it's done:nice:

DarkFireGT
I agree. That color would look great with Vista Blue.

Thanks guys:nice: I will certainly look into that! I didn't even think of that at all. Then again, I'm not to serious into that as I don't ahve the funds. I believe I would have that painted on.