Stupid question, but which way should i turn the dizzy to advance/retard the timing?

• Sponsors (?)

Unless you are in the Southern Hemisphere, in which case it is the other way around. :shrug:

(wait, maybe that applies to water going down the drain). :D

Oh,I wanted to know one thing.

How many of you have your distributor recurved?

Im runing ours with locked out timing,and an adjustable controler from inside.We can have between 25-40* total timing all the time.

I_AM_CANADIAN said:
and if you ever forget, usually when you retard the timing, the idle will decrease. I know that works for carbed engines. (Perhaps the computer adjusts itself?)
Same on EFI foxes.

I still think I was right in as crude a fashion as one can be - the water flows down (unless you are in a funnel cloud. But I did not say straight down. :D Toward the center of the earth would have been more precise).

Srothfuss, were you inferring at magnetic North and South poles? Interesting question for the science guys in here. :)

bluevenom867 said:
Oh,I wanted to know one thing.

How many of you have your distributor recurved?

Im runing ours with locked out timing,and an adjustable controler from inside.We can have between 25-40* total timing all the time.
This is something I have considered on the 94GT (they run too much low-load timing and too little fuel). It would be a little simpler than TwEECering.

Does it work pretty well?

HISSIN50 said:
This is something I have considered on the 94GT (they run too much low-load timing and too little fuel). It would be a little simpler than TwEECering.

Does it work pretty well?

Oh,the locked out timing works great with the carb.

It idels good,and throttle respons is better.

I dont know how it would work with EFI,but for carbed its great.

bluevenom867 said:
Oh,the locked out timing works great with the carb.

It idels good,and throttle respons is better.

I dont know how it would work with EFI,but for carbed its great.
Yeah, locked timing works fine on EFI IMHO. I think it would be cool to be able to easily tweak the locked timing setting on the fly. Thanks for the info.