Sumitomo Tires - Good / Bad?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the HTRZ on my Fox and loved them, quiet, sticky and great wear on them. Then the HTRZII came out and looked nice but everybody says they suck in the rain and are not all that great in the dry. The HTRZIII are out now and have a great look as well as a really high treadwear rating and great reviews at Tire Rack. They are only 10-15 bucks more than the HTRZII so that is the rout I was planning on going till I got these Nitto 555. Now that I have first hand experience with the Nittos I will always use them cause they rock :rock: When I get my 18s I will still buy them and they are not alot more than the Sumitomos, although I really want to check out the HTRZIII :shrug:

Id buy them again.

I paid $99 for a 315/35/17 HTR Z.

They are quiet for sure.

During hot weather they stick OK on the street. In cold weather they lose alot of grip.

They do fine in the rain handling wise. Traction wise they dont, but thats probaly in part because of my gears and driving habits.

Ive autocrossed with them, and went to the NC/TN mountains and took a trip on "The Tail of the Dragon" and they handle really well.

Only complaint is they suck at the drag strip. They have worn sub par but that IS my fault, lol... heavy right foot every day.

I bought the HTR ZII's when I went to 18's. They're quiet and the dry traction is good. I can't comment on rain or wet roads. The tires will never see either.

Definately worth the price. I had them delivered from TireRack to a local shop and overall it was a cheap and easy purchase.

I've had two sets of these tires in 315/35/17 and even thought they are cheap they are not worth buying. they wear out in the center.. and No I didn't have them over inflated. They wore out in less than a year and they don't even have good traction while you have them. I bought a set of BFG 285/40/17 and they are 10X better and last 3X longer! don't buy the Sumitomas!