suspension for LT headers

the question is are springs too much? will it scrape on EVERYTHING?. i am thinking to skip springs and just get upper and lower control arms, its not worth it to be scraping my headers on every bump i go over, and where i love there are alot. I just wanted to get some advice anyone with LT headers , do you have springs? if so what kind. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running MAC longtubes with Tokico drop springs. I cut a half coil off the front which gave me a pretty decent drop. I've never scraped at all on the road with a random bump or pothole. Only time I've hit is a particularly high speedbump, or high centering when the road has deep ruts (like at a traffic light). I think the high centering is mostly the convertible X brace under the K-member.

Most springs should be ok. The only ones I'd worry about are H&R super sprorts or Eibach Sportlines, both of which have a pretty extreme drop.

conversly i have HR race springs (one of the least amount of lowering) and i scrape my underside exhaust and differential in certain places... so i wont go LT... it really depends on the terrain you are on... speed bumps? how large? inclined driveways? lots of places to scrape, depending on where you drive.

Torinalth

Mac Lt's and Steeda Sport springs. The only time it has scraped was coming off the rack after the install. louisiana roads are some of the worst in the nation and I have never even rubbed them. You also tend to pay more attention to the road conditions up ahead.

Anyone running Long Tubes with Ford C Springs? I was thinking that with this minimal drop I would still be ok without scraping... It was just such a PITA to install them I dont want to take any chances...