Suspension Overhaul

Lowering it will make it harsher. One of the hazards of the nicer look. The new springs won't travel nearly as much. Heck, if you got a set of new oem springs, they would seem harsher as well just because they have had decades of bouncing on them.

Did you get lower profile tires?

How about the rear control arms? Did you get new bushings there? The urethane ones will transmit more road harshness as well.

• Sponsors (?)

Lowering it will make it harsher. One of the hazards of the nicer look. The new springs won't travel nearly as much. Heck, if you got a set of new oem springs, they would seem harsher as well just because they have had decades of bouncing on them.

Did you get lower profile tires?

How about the rear control arms? Did you get new bushings there? The urethane ones will transmit more road harshness as well.

rear control arms are the only thing I haven't done yet. do you have any suggestions? wheels are 17" fr500s, and actually havw a little more meat up front than the usual people run, but I can't think of size offhand. I'll live with it all, but it just rides rougher than anything I've ever had before, not even close.

For the rear control arms do MM like others suggested. I had their sport arms and recently upgraded them to the adjustable version so I could tweak the rear ride height.

I have the same setup as you have with the Koni Orange, Steeda springs, and 17" wheels and while my car is stiff it doesn't beat you up like yours is.

What kind of chassis bracing are you running? That can make all the difference in the world in your car feeling like it's going to fall apart when you hit a bump or nice and solid. I have subframe connectors, K member brace, strut tower brace, and the Stifflers trans crossmember and my car feels very solid.

Reactions: 1 user
For the rear control arms do MM like others suggested. I had their sport arms and recently upgraded them to the adjustable version so I could tweak the rear ride height.

I have the same setup as you have with the Koni Orange, Steeda springs, and 17" wheels and while my car is stiff it doesn't beat you up like yours is.

What kind of chassis bracing are you running? That can make all the difference in the world in your car feeling like it's going to fall apart when you hit a bump or nice and solid. I have subframe connectors, K member brace, strut tower brace, and the Stifflers trans crossmember and my car feels very solid.

I haven't added anything yet, it's all factory. what's best bang for buck you recommend?

also sorry for hijacking the original posters thread haha