SVO Calipers

What’s up everyone? I was going to order the SVO caliper brake kit from Maximum Motorsports, I was wondering if I do the 5 lug conversion down the road if those calipers would work on it or not? Let me know what you guys think, thank you.

Getting installed this weekend, new bilsteins, new ford motorsport springs :)

• Sponsors (?)

front or rear?

fronts, yes they will fit, and since the SVO and MKVII rotors are the same pn, just get the SVO front rotors to do your 5 lug swap...unless your planning a different route.

I went with the 95 spindle/brake setup in which case you can't use those calipers

rears: if you use the rear calipers, you'll have to find either a wrecked SVO (yeah right) or an abandoned 85-91 MK VII to get the intermediate and axle brackets-the parts are the same and more of the Mk's are available. but if you plan on putting them on a stock length fox rear, then you'll have to flip the brackets and grind the heads on the intermediate to axle bracket bolts for clearance...I can't find the web link right at the moment, but I know there's a guy that's got it up there-pics and all

that's what i've got on the rear, and they stop great...now i've just gotta get rid of my "bent" rear axle housing...

quick note: I dunno how much MM wants for the 73mm SVO calipers, but you can get them from the parts store probably for less...unless it comes as a complete kit (loaded calipers with metal bushings, and stainless braided lines)

Ditto on that, MM calipers are the same as parts stores. I love MM and order all my stuff from them, but they basically told me flat out that they are Bendix calipers they have and they charge like $60 more than your random autopart store does so save your cash and get them local.

If you plan to go 5 lug soon, I'd hold off on the SVO calipers as you'd be better off using the newer 2piston calipers that the mustangs sport. They will fit on the 94-95 spindles you'll use for the conversion. The SVO calipers wont.