T-5 list of parts

9050lx

Aug 31, 2006
I bought a used 90 t5 that reportedly wouldnt go into 2nd and 4th(would just grind).The rear-most shift fork has a worn area in between the plastic inserts and toward the rear and right side of the semi-circle on the aluminum arc .Looks like at least 1/16 of an inch wear .The reverse idler has a couple of teeth chips.The 1/2 slider has one chip on the top of a gear tooth about 1/3 of its width.The 15 tooth gear (inside one on cluster , below the slider) has some light pitting on most of the gears about 1/2 way down the gear from top to bottom.The bearings all look ok.The main shaft and input shafts show no pitting.The cluster is shimmed to 0 play.The syncronizers look sharp to me.The dogs on 1st,2nd,3rd dont look too sharp to me and worn .any opinion on what I can salvage and what I must replace?Im hoping to avoid the cluster gear if it is only pitted on a reverse gear as I assume only light force on these gears.I am also hoping the 1/2 slider is ok with only one chip on a reverse gear or am I looking at it wrong?Looking for a cheap backup trans.any reasonable opinions welcome.

• Sponsors (?)