T-5 swap questions

crownvicguy

Jun 5, 2004
Is the crossmember the same between an older 4-speed mustang and my '92 T-5 mustang? I found everything i needed for the swap, except for the crossmember. that's the one thing holding me back, and appearantly there isn't ONE in the country! I've called every yard in my area with nothing but empty promises to call back from them.

HELP PLEASE!!! i'm moving up to school in 1 week and i need to get my tranny in!

• Sponsors (?)

I believe they are the same. just the T-5 has the double hump I believe for running dual exauhst. cant remember though, been along time sinc I have played with a mustang tranny.

you mean 4-speed like a manual 4 right. a auto and a manual cross member will be different.
go online and look up junkyards, they should be able to get you one.

update: everything's done, but i need a crossmember!
i welded a mount for the manual onto my auto crossmember, but it's just not right. it's tacky, and it messes with the geometry of the driveline and causes vibration. but i got to drive it tonight, and it was SWEETNESS!

anyone else have any insight on the 4-speed v. 5-speed x-member?!? i need my car to be driveable!

I just did a T5 swap into a 79 Stang. Used the original 4 speed crossmember and an 89 5.0 stang T5 mount. Everything bolted right into place. The mounting bosses got wider on the fox crossmembers after 81 or 82, so you can't use a late x-member on an early car.