t-5

95 stang v6

Oct 11, 2009
im working on a 95 mustang, i swapped motors and ran the 5.liter this time i used the 3.8 bell housing and realized after trying to fire it that it was different. How i didnt see that at first with the flywheels being a different tooth count. But i was curious if the fox body bellhousing would work. And if not does anyone know where i can find the sn 5.liter bellhousing.

• Sponsors (?)

The Fox V8 Bellhousing does work, only issue is that if your going to use the Sn95 Tranny its going to be 5/8" to long on the input shaft. So you will either have to replace the input shaft with a Fox Input Shaft or Swap to a Fox Tranny all together.

Finding an SN95 (94-95 GT or Cobra) Bellhousing takes time but they come up for sale from time to time. If your in a hurry there is a few Mustang specific junkyards/salvage places that you could order one and have it in a few days for a higher cost. I watch ebay or Mustang Forums and they show about 1 a week.

Personally I'd do the waiting game and find the correct bellhousing and go that route. This keeps the shifter in the correct position. Fox Trannies move the shifter forward 5/8" so your getting closer to the Radio. :)

I have been collecting SN95 parts now for the past couple years hoarding them. I'm currently in talks with a company on make reproduction parts for the SN95s.