Take a look at this for me please.........

• Sponsors (?)

Nice parts list.........this just stands out to me but I'm no pro, others will respond I'm sure. If it's just a stock cobra tranny that is a weak link with the power that thing probably makes and will not withstand spirited driving for long. Also, if the engine came apart I wonder why he opted to put the stock crank back in instead of going forged. I have no idea on the steeda stuff in the engine, i'm just assuming they're forged ?!?

I am not afraid to buy an already built car. The Hellion turbo kits are prolly the best ones out and he has forged internals. The nitrous is a little scarry with a turbo engine if it was used wrong so I would do a thurough inspection and drive the car with an ear pointed at the motor.
The car is beautiful and looks to be built right. At 10 psi it should have a solid 450 rwhp but you are coming close to the cranks and trans limits. IDK for sure, the GT gurus here will, what the limit is on the GT crank but I think 500ish. Too bad with all that work and money he didnt throw in a Cobra crank cause then you could crank that thing up and see 650+ rwhp. :eek:

The trans will prolly last you at 10 psi just because the clutch he has is at its power limits already and will slip before destroying the trans.

Another thing that worries me is the guy bought it already built and is selling it after owning it for a short time. I would really press him why he is selling it. If its cause he lost a job and needs cash then thats cool but if he says its just too much car then chances are he messed something up. Ask him how long he lets it idle for after running it before shutting it down (also look for a turbo timer), check the oil and make sure its clean, check for oil leaks on the turbo and oil pan.
Make sure it doesnt grind going into second. Also the turbo ill make some noise but make sure its not always whistleing or overly loud under boost. If it is then its bearings are shot.

Just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

Hope it helps. :nice:

The stock crank when balanced with new internals is good to and over 600 wheel. The cobra crank is really just good for high rpm and insurance if your at or under 600 wheel. (Yes i have a cobra crank anyways)

8.5:1 pistons with a turbo? With stock heads and cams this thing has got to be a bit of a pig down low around town. It's wierd that has has forged rods/pistons an expensive turbo kit, a aftermarket MAF and is running 8-10psi. You could do that in nearly stock form. Doesn't add up for me unless he blow his old engine. With stock fule rails it means he never brought this thing up to 500 wheel, which is a shame for a built motor.

Personally I would be a little weary of anything that has already been that highly modified. Anything with a turbo kit, imo, makes me wary...I've seen a a lot of turbo cars that just never quite run right...

Also i am not a fan of those wheels or the rocker panel decals at all...otherwise it looks well taken care of. But again, as previously posted the fact that the guy is selling after only having it so short of a time really makes me suspicious...

that car looks to be in great condition and well taken cared of from the pictures. However, like Deftsound mentioned, Turbo car never do run quite right, however, perhaps if you see the car in person, and drive it yourself, you can have a better feel for the car. I hope it is in good condition, and if it is, hope u purchase it. As i said already, car looks to be in great condition. Good Luck bud.

Huh, I missed the videos and the reading of all the words in teh ad.
The car sounds like a clean tune but a crappy exhaust, not sure what brand but if you bought it then I would change that right away and the Steeda stickers.
So hes had it 9 months and wants something else, he has money he just dont want the car. So eaither
1. He hurt it and its on borrowed time.
2. Its slow and he thought it would be faster.
3. Never could get it to run right all the time (weird hiccups or stalling)
4. His wife hates the car so much she is making him dump it
5. He has ADD and wants something different.

Need to find out which one it is. I would go drive the car (if you want it) and tell him when you will be out to drive it and ask that the car is not even started till you get there. See how it behaves on a cold start. Listen for any noises comming from the engine, drive it in some stop and go traffic and see if it bucks or stalls. Then try and run through third from 1500 RPM untill redline. See if it gets surges and dips in power, should only have one big surge at 2800 or so RPM. If you get some surges and dips then there could be turbo/fuel/tune issues

Yes it would but it will also let him see if the tune is right and if the clutch is good and hear the turbo hit spool to make sure there are no unusual noises. :shrug:

only 42 lb injector and twin cobra pumps????

also notice there is no wideband in the car. i would be worried it was running lean. thats not a very high powered fuel setup

the parts alone are worth most of his asking price.

i would buy it