Taking Apart Doors

mackey

Jan 25, 2003
Beverly, Massachusetts
Well I finally got some new speakers for the car. I now need to take apart the doors. How do i get them apart? Where are the screws? What exactly do I have to do to this to get the speakers out? Another question is taking out the a/c faces. What do i have to do to take this stuff out? I have to pop out the shifter somehow? and take out the stereo. I have the tool for the stereo. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Doors - Pop the plastic triangular piece out from the top left part of the door, right behind the side mirror. Pop off the plastic trim piece that has the window switches in it. Pop off the trim around the door handle. Take out the two (or three) screws that are behind the trim piece with the window switches. The door is ready to be pulled off. Remember that the door panel gets pulled up, not out. Push up from the bottom - it slides off really easy. There are 4 screws holding the speakers in the door. Real simple stuff.

To pull the A/C vents - Unscrew the shift nob. Pull the shifter bezel off. Pull the radio(s). Where the tape deck used to be, the top deck, there is a metal bar running from the plastic trim all the way back to the firewall, where it is connected with 1 screw. Get the longest extension you have with a 7 or 8mm socket (can't remember which size) and unscrew that. The trim should come off and the vents should fall out with it.

I may have missed a step, but you will get the general idea. It's very easy stuff.

Joe

Joes95GT said:
Doors - Pop the plastic triangular piece out from the top left part of the door, right behind the side mirror. Pop off the plastic trim piece that has the window switches in it. Pop off the trim around the door handle. Take out the two (or three) screws that are behind the trim piece with the window switches. The door is ready to be pulled off. Remember that the door panel gets pulled up, not out. Push up from the bottom - it slides off really easy. There are 4 screws holding the speakers in the door. Real simple stuff.

Joe

Where is the triangular piece? Are you talking about the speaker? How exactly does that pop off?

mackey said:
Where is the triangular piece? Are you talking about the speaker? How exactly does that pop off?
If you are looking at the inside of the door, it should be at the very top left of the door. It's black. It is behind the side mirror, but on the inside of the car. The speakers will just be able to be pulled out once you pull the screws out and cut/detach the clips.

Joe