Taking back to stock

S281 #39B

Mar 29, 2006
South Carolina
No one has answered this out of all the people who have asked in the past so maybe tech will help! My Mach 460 doesn't work it has highs but the door and rear bass do not work. I am not the original owner so I don't know what they may have done. I am trying to put the car back the way it was from factory. The amps are connected with factory plug ins but I dont know if someone bypassed them in the wiring or where to look. please help

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, you may want to first pull your radio out and check to make sure that none of the connectors have come loose in the back of the radio. If you have already done that or if none of the connectors are loose, then you can check the wiring harness plugs that go into the box thing that has the amps mounted in it (in the trunk). There are four harness plugs. One on each end of the 'box' and two on the 'back' (side facing the backseat when you pull it down). Make sure all those are connected and that the harnesses behind the radio have not come apart. There's a start .. Fuses too maybe? :shrug:

Does it have the factory radio or aftermarket? If aftermarket, you could probably just rewire it good ... if stock then different story.

If you have a camera, take pictures of wiring ... pics always help

S281 #39B said:
My Mach 460 doesn't work it has highs but the door and rear bass do not work. I am not the original owner so I don't know what they may have done. I am trying to put the car back the way it was from factory.
is there an aftermkt headunit on there? You did say you're trying to put it back to stock which means there's something that's changed