Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

Id street car the :poo: out of this . Ive been known to be extreme though . Hell if the funds allowed i would've already tubed mine and put a crank drive on it for the blower and use it just the way i do now .

• Sponsors (?)

C21F4271-211F-4175-9043-2DCACD4AD068.jpeg

Finished wiring up the starter, popped some fuses in on the Leash board and tested it out. Everything seems to be functioning as it should.
Couldn’t stand the cockeyed regulator on the rail so I ordered the correct fitting to straighten it up. Luckily that means my makeshift straight cut fitting was short lived.
Replaced the damaged return line as well and was able route it the way I wished I had done the first time so there was a silver lining to my $100 whoopsie.

Working on a new start up tune tonight since I’ve changed a lot on the car, including the switch to ethanol. If the fitting shows up tomorrow, I will get to fire up the car for the first time (again).
If not, it will definitely happen on Thursday.

Getting to hear the engine run has always proven to be the best motivation for me.

8542373E-1633-460E-AE74-DA87F9109676.jpeg

My Amish gas station worked great also. Little heavy on the manual labor for my liking but the harbor freight pump even threaded into my barrel. Pay no attention to the entire foxbody interior stacked up on my couch and half the front end laying on the floor.

That's a lot of high fructose corn syrup, how many Twinkies did you have to wring out to fill that barrel?

We were actually talking about c02 boost controllers on a street car yesterday at work and how long it would last before having to be filled .

I am loving this build buddy I can't wait to see it complete
I’ve been told the 2.5lb bottles actually last a long while. No idea what that will look like though.
I was talking to a guy the other night who was helping me sort out how to wire all this into the Holley and he suggested wiring up the solenoids where you could just turn them off for street driving and just run off the springs.
I think that’s a fine idea but I think might set it up where I can easy plumb it to manifold pressure and switch back and forth. Shouldn’t take more than 5 min to switch it over and still have use of the boost controller.

Reactions: 2 users
How much fluid does that hand pump move at one time? How many pumps to fill a gallon?

Looking good. The wiring in and of itself is quite the feat.

Joe
It took 2 pumps to fill a 20oz cup.
We will find out here shortly how that equates to a 5 gallon jug.
I know an electric pump will be the way to go long term. But this was $15 and those were in the hundreds of dollars. Hopefully there’s an in-between somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Battery operated kerosene pump-like $15 bucks :nice:
C7FF9C7E-FF55-405B-A816-42ED10EE77EE.jpeg

How ever you classify your car-It’s amazing,and I’m envious of it lol.
You’re an Indiana boy right? Think you will ever take it out to Ohio Valley drag strip?
Thanks man.
I do plan to take it to the Valley. Even though it’s only 1/8m it’s prepped better than Edgewater IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
Update on the pump. Took about 3 minutes of pumping to fill the 5 gal jug. About 60 seconds of that was me looking for a towel after I distributed some of the fuel to my clothes lol.
I’m satisfied with that.

Reactions: 1 users
Got a solid 4 hours spent on the car tonight.
Wired in the engine fan and tested it. Worked great, though it didn’t seem to have the CFM I was expecting. May swap the wire and see if somehow I wired in the low speed setting.

Found that my Y block to the rails has a leak. I seem to be struggling with fuel leaks more than I ever have before. I really liked how well this Fragola stuff went together but damn it’s been a pain this go around.

Began wiring in the dome pressure sensor. Which meant running an input wire from the ECU out into the front of the engine bay.
I wanted to route it through the valley instead of out and around and my steam port parts will be here tomorrow so I went ahead and yanked the hi ram.

Which unearthed this wiring disaster I had just been kind of living with as I’ve wired it.
1AC262C2-3D08-4DD4-B750-B22B43E07221.png

Any chance I get, I like to cut the Holley harness open and hide my wiring within it. Most times it works out pretty well. I ordered about 50ft of wire wrap to clean up the interior wiring, so hopefully it’ll look like the very distant cousin of a pro harness.
1D1ADD24-7B86-4DEE-8C1A-DBAE5F2AA1E2.jpeg

We will see how everything fits together once the steam port tubing is installed but it’s less of a bird nest at least for now.

Speaking of bird’s nests...
F17A64B3-872E-49CB-85B5-CF2428C27D30.jpeg

Greatly look forward to cleaning this up and at least getting the carpet and dash back in.
I think the light harness is going to get pushed to an “over the winter” project so I can stick to more enjoyable stuff while I’ve got some momentum.

Reactions: 6 users
Started the day with hopes of hearing it run.
E2A06056-2EC6-47C8-9D6F-D8C08CB57FB8.jpeg

Installed the steam port jungle Jim and wired in the dome sensor which is the loose wiring at the bottom.
29EFAEDE-FC48-4266-BDF8-FEC20ADCCD6D.jpeg

Used some of the wire wrap I got from summit today to clean it up a little bit. As well as modifying some of the Holley harness. You can see where I ended up mounting the solenoids behind the passenger strut tower.
If that’s “too far away”, so be it. I think it will be fine.

4F9C2767-4C3A-4BC8-8A2D-40DEA044644B.jpeg

Flipped the regulator over to the passenger side. Made the return line easier, made the pressure transducer less of a stretch and helped hide some of that wiring as well.

139CFF4C-8EFC-419E-B313-1BBF177C1AC9.jpeg

Overall I think it’s a much more tidy looking bay than it was a couple days ago.

Fixed the fan wiring so it would work on high speed, fought some fuel leaks (again), got it to stumble for a few seconds and just wouldn’t really catch. Ended up running out of time to mess with it. Flushed all the water out of the engine and put a few gallons of antifreeze in since it’s getting into the 30s at night now.
Not sure when I’ll get back to working on it.
:/

Reactions: 5 users