Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

Started cleaning up the rear. Not that you'll be able to see any of it but it was solid black and covered in 26 years of road grime. That's about it though, going to hopefully order the engine tomorrow.
image.jpeg

In other news, I woke up yesterday do a red spot on my eye that's continued to grow. Doesn't hurt, just weird looking
image.jpeg

I feel queasy :puke:

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I popped a blood vessel like that once. It's no big deal in the end, it just looks like you're in the early stages of being a meth-head. You're not entrepreneuring in a new field, are you?

Reactions: 1 user
I popped a blood vessel like that once. It's no big deal in the end, it just looks like you're in the early stages of being a meth-head. You're not entrepreneuring in a new field, are you?
The money would be nice, the benefits aren't so hot though.

Hopefully I'm in the early stages of becoming the Terminator
image.jpeg

I would care to guess you got something in there, have a doctor take a look, if it's metal it will rust.
Thinking it was from the airplane and I just hemorrhaged a blood vessel. My ears were popping a lot at one point and I usually don't have issues on planes. They said basically unless it starts to hurt or discharge anything (that word is disgusting like moist) that I'm just supposed to wait it out.
Between that and my crazy bad sunburn this whole marriage thing really sucks so far lol

Reactions: 2 users
Thinking it was from the airplane and I just hemorrhaged a blood vessel. My ears were popping a lot at one point and I usually don't have issues on planes. They said basically unless it starts to hurt or discharge anything (that word is disgusting like moist) that I'm just supposed to wait it out.
Between that and my crazy bad sunburn this whole marriage thing really sucks so far lol
I tried to warn you.....

Reactions: 3 users
What did ya end up going with?

(Yes,I know it's an LS lol.)

Actually went a slightly different route than I had intended to. I picked up an L33 which is an aluminum block 5.3. Came in the crew cab 4x4 Silverado from like 05-07. 10:1 compression, much better cylinder heads and will save 100lbs off the front of the car.
They're kind of cool because it's essentially the 5.3 version of the 5.7 LS6 that came in the c5 corvette. Had intended to go Iron LM7 but excited to give this a try.

Actually went a slightly different route than I had intended to. I picked up an L33 which is an aluminum block 5.3. Came in the crew cab 4x4 Silverado from like 05-07. 10:1 compression, much better cylinder heads and will save 100lbs off the front of the car.
They're kind of cool because it's essentially the 5.3 version of the 5.7 LS6 that came in the c5 corvette. Had intended to go Iron LM7 but excited to give this a try.

Good deal,
Looking forward to your build

image.jpeg

Well I got it into my garage. Pulling it uphill on an engine hoist over the lip onto the garage concrete has taken a year off my life and cost me the use of my right arm for the next few days but damn it its in there

image.jpeg

Well I got it into my garage. Pulling it uphill on an engine hoist over the lip onto the garage concrete has taken a year off my life and cost me the use of my right arm for the next few days but damn it its in there

That's a lot of aluminum to polish..

Are you going to tear it down before it goes in, or roll with it?

image.jpeg

When you're done with it and after you've brought this motor up to a respectable 400HP+... Can I haz it for my Burban?