tcsm

JohnWH

Jul 5, 2005
Does anyone know if you can use a 1995 aode without the transmission control switch module. This module tells the pcm to turn the od on and off. I would just like to leave the od on. This module is only used on the 94/95 Mustang 5.0. I do not have this module and Ford does not make a replacement part anymore.
Thanks
John

• Sponsors (?)

It allows the OD button and OD indicator lamp to work - I don't remember which way it defaults to if you do not have one - I think it does default to OD all the time. If you take the car to the track, that's a bad thing, you never want to let it go to OD at WOT. Same thing on the street - except you can add to that you never want to do kickdowns from OD to second when passing. Both of those scenarios will cause an early demise of the tranny.

I got mine from the junkyard - in fact whenever I see a '94-95 GT in the junkyard, if it's an auto, I rip the module out. I alwys keep a spare on hand.

have you tried places like stangparts and 50resto? they may be able to help you out. as far as leaving it out, don is 100% right. going into O/D during situations like those will hurt the longevity of an already weak tranny (talking about a stock unmodified AODE).