Ten needs a miracle

t_chelle16

Keeper of the closet key
Founding Member
May 8, 2002
Knob Noster, Mo.
Just when we're all thrilled that Tennessee seems to be beating her leukemia, we find out she has lung cancer. :( The type of cancer she has spreads pretty quickly and is not operable. In just over 2 weeks, she went from acting normal & running all over the house to labored breathing & no energy. Basically, all we can do is make her comfortable (we're going to try to rig up an oxygen tent for her and our vet is looking for a liquid bronchial dilator med) and hope for a miracle.

Here's a pic from a few days ago when she was feeling pretty good.
tennessee63.jpg

-Chelle

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. We got our vet to call in a prescription to a medical supply place so we can rent the oxygen stuff. And mom has a nebulizer & some meds for asthma so we're going to try that (really diluted) and see if it opens up her airway more. We're also trying some holistic/herbal stuff. Basically anything we can think of that might help.

-Chelle

Aww, d@mmit! That's just rotten news, Chelle; I'm sorry to hear about this. The three cats around here seem to be plugging along fairly well; but I worry about Trish's cat Patches, who's really starting to show her age (17).

If I remember correctly, Ten was your second-youngest, and only a year or two old. Sad to hear she's failing in the peak of her time. We're all with you from here in Yuma (and Lousiana).

Jimmy

StangDreamin' said:
If I remember correctly, Ten was your second-youngest, and only a year or two old.

She's a little over a year old (birthday was in February) and is now the youngest (Scout was about 6 months younger than her but she died back in January).

-Chelle

t_chelle16 said:
She's a little over a year old (birthday was in February) and is now the youngest (Scout was about 6 months younger than her but she died back in January).

-Chelle

Sorry, I forgot that Scout had died.

And now Ten....... :nonono:

Y'know, about the time Scout passed on; I lost my red horse Zetos. I'll have to get a picture of my new equine sidekick -Dutch- posted up; he's another Arab, a gray horse with red freckles alllll-lll-lll over (the official coloration is "flea-bitten gray" because the red freckles are supposed to look like flea-bites). I still miss Zetos; but Dutch is turning out to be more of an attachment to me. I got him from a family friend who had rescued him from a neglect case, and he's turning out to be a better Western equine ride than Zetos could hope to be.

Hold on to Ten while you can and while she's not hurting. After that, follow your heart.

Thanks for all the well wishes, but she took a turn for the worse today and we had her put down. She'd become anemic and was starting to pant because she couldn't get enough oxygen and she was just so miserable because she couldn't play.

We burried her at the top of the waterfall by our pond in her toy box with lots of her toys (it was a dingy old cardboard box, but she love it and got mad at us a while back when we tried to replace it with a nicer basket ).

We'll go to the landscaping place this weekend and find a really nice plant to put there for her and we also need to pick one up for Scout.

-Chelle

Thanks.

At least she gave us an opportunity to learn a lot about feline leukemia and a possible treatment/cure that we can pass on to other people with FeLV cats. So maybe it will be able to help others save their kitties.

And we've set up an appointment to get all the other cats rechecked for leukemia. They're all vaccinated and probably fine, be we just want to be 100% sure that we're rid of it.

EDIT:
http://webpages.charter.net/t_chelle16/video/tennesseesmall.wmv

-Chelle