Test drove the NEW 427R!!!!!!

rugerbp

May 22, 2006
So at lunch just took the new 427R out for a test drive, and let me tell you its going to be the closest thing to the GT500 your going to be able to get your hands on. Just to start off it is still stage 3 roush GT with new exhaust and some more tuning, it sounds incredible and the jack roush seats are nice.

as for the power, i know these ford salesmen very well, did a quick burnout in their parking lot nothing fancy just quick and dirty, rolled outta the parking lot hammered it,, hooks up nice, not too much of a fishtale but a little,, suspension is great, feels good and handles the corners well,, took it to the highway, put it to the floor shifting round 5200 rpm took it up to around 130 in 4th and shut her down, it gets up nice for being a heavy car,

it was a great car to drive, i dont really like the $47,000 price tag on it but not being able to get ahold of a GT500 under $60K makes it look a little better, i would have to put the car up there with vettes, but not the ZO6,,,

all and all it was a sweet car to take a turn with!!!

• Sponsors (?)

PANCAKES!!!!

427R come on, how many people are actually going to see one, much less be able to afford it. this sounds like spam to me. dammit, now I have a jonesing for blueberry pancakes

you guys are dicks, im just trying to let you know about the car, call joe cooper ford in tulsa, ok and ask them about the orange 427R on their front porch,,, my gf and i have beenlooking for new cars for her and playing with a couple of other new cars for the fun of it,, just this week, have driven the acura TSX, TL, RL, BMW 335i (fun car super suspension), 530i, 750IL, Lexus IS 250 and the IS 350 (fun car), we also drove a "made" roush stage 3,, it was a roush stage 2 but then they put the s/c on in house, drove the saleen bout 2 mths ago, and now when i saw the 427R i had to go check it out, still dont know why ford didnt put digital a/c heat controls in their prized cars for,, looks like crap to me,,,, another thing i think that ford did wrong with their new stangs is on the saleen when we opened the door the plastic control housing on the drivers seat was already falling apart, it was hanging off the seat,, and they put a flat round saleen sticker on the steering wheel and it was peeling off, i mean come on ford for $50000 and a saleen id expect a new steering wheel or at least some kind of a moulding instead of a sticker,,, you guys need to get out and enjoy free test drives more often, lets you see how much bs is really going into these cars,, id rather have my 89 drop top anyday, or my 64 f100 4x4 or my 66 f100, these new cars are nice if you want to PAY someone to build you a hot rod that isnt half of what you can build yourself for 1/3 the price,,, just my $0.02

There's nothing wrong with pancakes with blueberries in them

There is nothing wrong with hiding behind Dag's while wearing a crash helmet

But there is most certainly nothing wrong with your review. Most people here probably agree that the biggest downfall of the Roush Stage 3, Saleen S/C, etc. is the cost. Once you approach the 50K dollar mark for a Mustang, people start looking at other cars.