The crap you have to go through selling a car!!!

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I'm not really selling my F-body, but I told a few people that I would be once I get everything finished, already, the crap I hear.

First, a guy I know with a 90 LX which has a decent setup, but it's a real basic 306 carbed has AFR heads, but that's about it, besides that the car is run down. He calls me and said "I'd consider trading you" so I asked "trade and what?" so he said "well, I would do stright up" like he's doing me a favor. Not all the panels on his car are painted, the black paint is in real bad shape, the interior is nasty, APC seats, just discusting.

Then this guy at my work, his uncle or whatever, some meth-head (he told me his uncle was a meth junkie) comes up and offers me $4500 for it, and it's worth a lot more than that. I paid 5K for it in the first place, which was a steal in the beggining, but it didn't run. That's fine, offer what you want, but then he procedes to tell me that I HAVE to sell it to him because that's market price and and he's a lisenced dealer and has the right to buy cars and not to sell to him would be "hoarding" and is illegal. I insulted him about being so full of BS, but then he got a little heated, so I said "you tried to scam me, which is robbing me" and told him to call the cops, fbi, cia, homeland security and even the marines, the sale isn't going to happen. I told him that I wouldn't sell to someone like him who I knew wouldn't take care of it. Then he tells me that I clearly discriminated against him and he now needed my name, adress, ect because he was going to sue me. He said " I am going to get that info or that car from you we can make this easy and peacefull or not, it's your choice" and I got out the .40 Glock and said "your going to what? I choose NOT" so he ran, got in his car and took off.

Who do these people think they are fooling??? Anyone else have any stories like this?

• Sponsors (?)

probably wasnt real smart to pull out a gun.. he wasnt physically threatening you or anything.... hope you have a permit for that when the cops come check :rolleyes:

I dunno.. Ive had the "trade" offer before.. but never the "You have to sell to me" situation

poneypower89 said:
probably wasnt real smart to pull out a gun.. he wasnt physically threatening you or anything.... hope you have a permit for that when the cops come check :rolleyes:

I dunno.. Ive had the "trade" offer before.. but never the "You have to sell to me" situation

I didn't point it at him, but he said something about weather I wanted peace or not, that was a threat. He didn't say he was going to do anything, neither did I threaten to shoot him, but both ways it was implied. Plus, you can't trust a crackhead needing a fix. I have a permit but in GA, you don't need one to own and carry a gun. Only when consealed. Very rarley I have done that.

Pics...

Here are a few pics of the car.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• z28 2.jpg
    z28 2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 549
  • z28 3.jpg
    z28 3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 789
Well, is good that you have a permit... even if it isnt required its still a good piece of paper that proves *some* responsibility. A meth heads word doesn't hold up real well in the face of the law anyways...

Im sorry, no to Hi-Jack the thread or anything but you should know a little bout F-Bodies. Im trying to sell a custom Sub Enclosure that was in my 94 Firebird and Im trying to figure out how many years this would fit.. and if its interchangeable between the Firebird and Camaro... like, is the hatch area only the same from 93-97 or does it continue on after that?

here are some pics of the box so you can understand what Im asking...

sub_shot.jpg

sub_shot2.jpg

I don't know the years that box fits properly, but I do know that's a Q-Logic enclosure for the Camaro/Firebird. Search for this @ Yahoo/Google and you'll probably find your answer.

I'd look for you, but got caught doing some actual "work" at work for once...

Alan

**EDIT** Ok, so I chose not to work and went looking. That box fits the camaro/firebird from 1993-2000, and is available from Crutchfield for $269.00 without speakers. Hope this helps.

alanw6 said:
I don't know the years that box fits properly, but I do know that's a Q-Logic enclosure for the Camaro/Firebird. Search for this @ Yahoo/Google and you'll probably find your answer.

I'd look for you, but got caught doing some actual "work" at work for once...

Alan

**EDIT** Ok, so I chose not to work and went looking. That box fits the camaro/firebird from 1993-2000, and is available from Crutchfield for $269.00 without speakers. Hope this helps.

OK thanks.. its only the Q-logic top piece BTW.. not the actual box. the box uderneath is completely custom built by Shakespearance Audio.

But, thanks for the info man, I appreciate it alot. This thing has been taking up space in my garage for way too long.