Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Like you’re a Cheap Ass...

:rlaugh::jester:

Just kidding
Oh, no. I'm definitely a cheap ass.

Guy's ive got a nasty oil leak that I can't find.

- I thought it was the crank seal. Nope.
- Thought it was the oil pan/timing cover gasket. Nope.

I think I'm going to try pressurizing the crank case and see if I can find the leak that way, I'm really tired of dealing with this AAAND I got invited to a car show this weekend.

The silver lining is the entire underside is now rust-proofed from a nice oil shower.

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously, I cannot make out what the picture is telling me. Is that a massive crack/hole in the timing chain cover?

You’d think that you wouldve seen that chasm when you had the cover off the three dozen times you were dicking with the seal.:runaway:
It appears to be a gap right here:

1539878808859.png

I thought about attempting to re-pookie it again, but that this point, I'd rather just re do it the right way instead of having a giant glob of RTV down there

Alright. After getting the balancer off and re-examining my last blind effort better, i decided to really clean the area out and give it one last try before tearing it all back out which would take forever. All the accessories would have to come off and i don’t want to do that at all.

Please hope that this was not in vain.

FB003893-8B72-4E1A-89D7-DBED6E54B26E.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
I think it’s fixed. Naturally, i had to go for a drive, but it’s raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock. That would stop normal, regularly functioning people.

Me:
F9F85675-C44D-4701-AA3A-38DBC76ABB4D.jpeg
E4571C69-6D6F-4FD8-9555-D08C58E48AC3.jpeg

No ragrets. :D

Reactions: 2 users