The Mach 1 needs tint...Suggestions needed!!!

SRT, your Laser red has held up extremely well, u must garage that thing.Most SN95 Laser red cars dont look that shiny after 10 years of sun....Your tint looks pretty sweet 2....Have you gotten pulled over for the sides @ all? I just wish u would make your pics a little smaller...LOL

When it comes to Lazer you just have to take VERY good care of it. I wax mine every 2 weeks because i am afraid it will start fading like EVERY other lazer red car on the road.

...Yes it is garaged, an washed all the damn time...way too much IMO.

Its all about TLC

• Sponsors (?)

Just have a tint shop remove the tint on that part & install a black vinyl strip on the inside over it. If you have dark tint, u cant even tell its there from the outside....

yea, they arent supposed to tint on the little bumpy dots...

i have a silver stang with black saleens and i used to have my tint very dark... 5 percent in the back, and 11 in the front....
had it for about 9 months because i usually drive with windows open, in the winter, i got pulled over 2 times, within 4 days for tint.... :nonono:
the last time i got pulled over, they called out like half the san jose pd and made start my car, open hood etc.. i got lucky though and only got the fix it ticket for the tint though...
i wouldnt bother with getting dark tint in the front because sometime or another u will get pulled over for it, and probably harrassed for it like i got harassed...
i had my rear tint removed and put 20 in the back, and i already paid for 35 in the front but i still havnt had it done because i havnt gotten a chance to go back to the tint shop... :bang:
in my opinion, and also i was told this at several tint shops, it looks bad to go very dark in the rear, like 5%, and light in the front like 35%... the difference is too big...
just go 35 and 20... and be safe and enjoy... its dark enough... :nice:

on the other hand i think i am about to sell my rims and get some 04 cobra wheels because the black wheels just dont go with the whole car like they used to when i had it super dark all the way around...
srt handz... ur car looks sick!!
... and i want ur rims! :nice:

Like this....I have no idea what % it was but the back was so dark we couldnt see the meter to read the %

P1030058.jpg

P1030057.jpg

I think you should go with the same tint % on the two side windows. Doing a darker tint on the 1/4 window and a lighter tint on the door window looks a little weird in my opinion.

If you want to go darker in the rear, just do the rear window. Dark tint here plus the dark charcoal interior will make the side windows look darker than they are. Keep the two side windows the same tint percentage and it will look cleaner

I think you should go with the same tint % on the two side windows. Doing a darker tint on the 1/4 window and a lighter tint on the door window looks a little weird in my opinion.

If you want to go darker in the rear, just do the rear window. Dark tint here plus the dark charcoal interior will make the side windows look darker than they are. Keep the two side windows the same tint percentage and it will look cleaner

I agree with it looking weird. My 97 had 5 percent in the rear & 2 quarter windows, & although I thought the 5% was badass, I didnt like that the rest wasnt tinted & always thought it looked kinda weird. I think Im just gonna do medium tint all the way around. Thanks 4 the suggestions every1

I was scared of going too dark but I went ahead and got 5% all around. I love it! Backing up at night kinda sucks but roll down the windows and its fine.
Rio3.jpg

Rio4.jpg

Rio5.jpg

Rio6.jpg

The tint does look sick, but I live in Cali, & I would get pulled over in 10 minutes if I did 5% all the way around like that....I like your ride too, looks smooth with the emblems shaved, & has a nice drop...

yea, they arent supposed to tint on the little bumpy dots...

i have a silver stang with black saleens and i used to have my tint very dark... 5 percent in the back, and 11 in the front....
had it for about 9 months because i usually drive with windows open, in the winter, i got pulled over 2 times, within 4 days for tint.... :nonono:
the last time i got pulled over, they called out like half the san jose pd and made start my car, open hood etc.. i got lucky though and only got the fix it ticket for the tint though...
i wouldnt bother with getting dark tint in the front because sometime or another u will get pulled over for it, and probably harrassed for it like i got harassed...
i had my rear tint removed and put 20 in the back, and i already paid for 35 in the front but i still havnt had it done because i havnt gotten a chance to go back to the tint shop... :bang:
in my opinion, and also i was told this at several tint shops, it looks bad to go very dark in the rear, like 5%, and light in the front like 35%... the difference is too big...
just go 35 and 20... and be safe and enjoy... its dark enough... :nice:

on the other hand i think i am about to sell my rims and get some 04 cobra wheels because the black wheels just dont go with the whole car like they used to when i had it super dark all the way around...
srt handz... ur car looks sick!!
... and i want ur rims! :nice:

I put 35% in front and 20 in back with UV protection that really does cool the car off a lot more than regular tint. Just like what happened to you... I once had 5% all around and got pulled over by a cop who called for backup before even approaching, because of not being able to see who / what was inside. (Not for tint though; for speeding.)

I can understand the caution they took - if I were an officer, I wouldn't wanna walk up alone to a completely dark car that could, for all I could tell, be hiding four cavemen brandishing submachine guns! (Sorry cavemen LOL)