The new E10 gas and fuel pumps

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I know E10 gas has been around for a while, MA is one of the states that can only sell gas with 10% Ethanol content.

I've heard from several guys that because of this, some of the fuel pumps aren't lasting as long? :shrug:

I've never heard this, but supposedly they are changing out new Walbro's every couple of years or so?

Anyone hear this before? I thought E10 was supposed to be compatible with older fuel systems. To be honest, i wish we still had 100% gas but it's not available here anymore

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't had any issues in my mustang, contour ( which also is stored winters with fuel stabilizer ), motorcycle, taurus or explorer. I still liked our old fuel better it stayed fresh longer than E10.

yeah Mike, when we get the meters back that pump that crap through them they are so far beyond repair we have to scrap most of them and they arent even good cores anymore, so i can only assume that since it ****s up the actual meters it pumps through that it wouldnt be good for a mustangs fuel pump, just like the techron **** in chevron fuel btw

yeah Mike, when we get the meters back that pump that crap through them they are so far beyond repair we have to scrap most of them and they arent even good cores anymore, so i can only assume that since it ****s up the actual meters it pumps through that it wouldnt be good for a mustangs fuel pump, just like the techron **** in chevron fuel btw

how many thousands if not hundredsof thousands of gallons have those meters pumped? I hate E10 myself but it remains to be seen I guess on what the long term will be. The mustang doesn't get used very much so that fuel sits with stabalizer in it but never the less no problems nd my explorer has some pretty good highway miles on it since the wife works in hartford (about 45 min. away) and eats fuel , it's pumped some pretty good amounts of E10 sofar no problems yet. wait and see I guess :shrug:.

Would it be considered E10 if the pumps say "Contains 10% or less of Ethanol" ? Or do the pumps have to actually say E10 ? I've been wondering this for a couple years now. I have been adding about a 1/8th of a galon of gas to the 92 about every 2 months since it has been sittting. It has stabilizer mixed in, but it appears the fuel level is stuck on E no matter how much gas I dump in it now. It used to work, but now I wonder if ethanol has gummed it up. Any ideas?

Bought my stang in '02 and have always had to use E10 or E15 (changes depending on the time of year in AZ). Moved to OKC in '07 and they have E10. 8 years of it (probably more since the original owner lived in the phoenix area) and my fuel pump still works fine.

I love techron... my car runs better and I get better mpg's when i get to use it. can't get chevron in OKC :(

how many thousands if not hundredsof thousands of gallons have those meters pumped? I hate E10 myself but it remains to be seen I guess on what the long term will be. The mustang doesn't get used very much so that fuel sits with stabalizer in it but never the less no problems nd my explorer has some pretty good highway miles on it since the wife works in hartford (about 45 min. away) and eats fuel , it's pumped some pretty good amounts of E10 sofar no problems yet. wait and see I guess :shrug:.

yeah those meters dont pump anywhere near hundreads of thousands of gallons, if the are lucky the get 60,000 or so before they ****