These Guys SUCK!!

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
So I was helping my friend install new rear springs and control arms on his 86 GT the other day. Sure we had a hard time getting the bolt holes on the control arms to line up with the ones in the frame. Once we got the rear axle in the right spot the bolts went in with just a little encouragement (hammer). :D

What sucked was that while we were working under his car we got swarmed by mosquitoes. I hate those damn things. All they do is suck. Anyway, I hit my head and skinned my knuckles on the underside of the car trying to swat the mosquitoes that were all over me. :nonono:

We had a couple of those citronella candles so I ran and got them. That helped with most of them, but a few hard heads didn't take the hint. I managed to kill all but one of them before they got to me.

Screw working on my car for a while. I don't even want to go outside anymore. I am shocked that I would even think what I am about to say, but I want winter to come back so they all die. The stupid things should all be killed! How come they aren't on the extinction list? They serve no purpose except to spread diseases, and cause pain and discomfort. This girl told me that I should love all God's creatures. I was thinking that she was full of it, but I didn’t tell her that. I didn’t want to start a discussion about God’s purpose with her. She was the bible thumping type and it would have deteriorated into a shouting match for sure.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate those things with all of my itching being. Someone kill them all please.

• Sponsors (?)

LMan said:
Deep Woods Off?

:lol: :hail2:

yepp, i buy it by the case load before spring at sam's club........i have to spray it all over my self every evening before even attempting to venture out of the house.......tried all the other brands and some of those "non-toxic" things from avon etc .............i think that they actually attracted them more............. :rlaugh: .

we have had the wort mosquito problem here lately than i can ever remember. i'm usually immune to them myself but the little bastards have even been coming after me lately, not to mention that we have proven cases of west nile because of them too. the worst part is that my wife and my daughter are allergic to them and get these huge welts when they get bitten. i'm with you J. i wish someone would kill them all as well.

Back home, in Douglasville and many other Atlanta suburbs, at night, trucks come through and spray insecticide in all the common mosquito breeding grounds, any standing water, ditches, so on so forth, all summer long. Since they started that program a couple years ago, I'm yet to be bitten by a mosquito in Atlanta. They just aren't there. Now...starting to go farther out of the city and suburbs you see them still. But in the city? No mas.
bnickel said:
we have had the wort mosquito problem here lately than i can ever remember. i'm usually immune to them myself but the little bastards have even been coming after me lately, not to mention that we have proven cases of west nile because of them too. the worst part is that my wife and my daughter are allergic to them and get these huge welts when they get bitten. i'm with you J. i wish someone would kill them all as well.

my wife takes a garlic pill just about every day and they don't seem to help her much. i know you can call the city and request that a mosquito fog truck come down your block. i think all you have to do is call the city office and they will transfer wherever you need to go. you might give that a try. i don't really understand why they have been so bad lately we really haven't had much rain at all for a few weeks.

I hiked into a lake last year up in the mountains. I would honestly kill a dozen mosquitos ever time I went to swat one. It was so bad that I started running and I could see a cloud of them behind me.

I eventually gave up and just let them eat me.

Thanks for bringing up this thread and thanks to whomever brought up West Nile. You reminded me that I've got to catch up with our vet and get three more "3-month vaccine booster" sticks for the horses.

Deep Woods Off is okay; but I've had a lot better luck with Cutter - especially the "pump spray" bottles. 33.7% Deet; not military strength, but pretty good :nice:

bnickel said:
i don't really understand why they have been so bad lately we really haven't had much rain at all for a few weeks.
That's why......when it rains the water doesn't get a chance to pool and the critters can't lay their eggs......no rain, what water is around pools and gives 'em all the breeding grounds they like!

66StangFastback said:
lol...thats what its called...it seems to work pretty well for me, and if teh military issues it then it must work well

When I was in bootcamp we made some stuff we called bug juice that we'd put on before inspections, final drill and occasionally for PT that (at least for us...which isn't saying much) made the bugs un-noticeable.