Think i fixed my miss, eratic idle etc.

you can change the air intake temp. sensor and probably get rid of the pinging, i did get rid of my pinging shortly after buying my car by doing this. Well actually i bought the ect and the iat sensor but put them in seperately at diff. times and the ait is what got rid of the ping

I took the car to a buds last night as stated above, and i noticed that around the coil you can see the fire from the coil. kind of a blue glow around the casing of the coil itself but i wasn't sure exactly how this would affect dirveability. i bought a new coil, and a fuel filter today( just about the two last things i haven't changed)

So far i have replaced all kinds of stuff and been told that the stock gap for plugs is .054 but a friend says thats too much, says he only ran .045 with his msd. He says that is too much gap for a stock ign. ANY TRUTH TO THIS

thanks

Jason

• Sponsors (?)

I took the car to a buds last night as stated above, and i noticed that around the coil you can see the fire from the coil. kind of a blue glow around the casing of the coil itself but i wasn't sure exactly how this would affect dirveability. i bought a new coil, and a fuel filter today( just about the two last things i haven't changed)
It's normal for the coil to glow faintly blue around the edges if you look at it in the dark -- it's putting out a *lot* of volts.

A lot of people lately have been having troubles with the PIP, have you tried replacing that? It seems a more likely candidate for your troubles.

So far i have replaced all kinds of stuff and been told that the stock gap for plugs is .054 but a friend says thats too much, says he only ran .045 with his msd. He says that is too much gap for a stock ign. ANY TRUTH TO THIS
My engine runs great with the stock 0.054 gap. With the MSD I'd expect it to be able to be greater than that -- and bigger gap means more horsepower, as long as you can make the spark.

Dave

thats what i thought, well i guess i can take the coil back and have the stock one checked, i have had the pip the pickup in the dist. replaced.

do you know of anything else that would cause missing at constant speeds, and missing under low acceleration. It seems to get a little better after the car gets warm, but it still is pretty rough

jason

mytight95 said:
do you know of anything else that would cause missing at constant speeds, and missing under low acceleration. It seems to get a little better after the car gets warm, but it still is pretty rough
I wish I had better ideas for you. When I bought my GT, it had a part throttle hesitation/miss that sounds much like what you're describing. But it went away when I did my H/C/I :shrug:.

Dave