Think this will do it?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey

Ok i was orignally going to use my stock long block and the on3 turbo..But i since bought a Trickflow street heat intake,a set of Trickflow heads...that have this done to it.These heads have been ported and flowed
Intake flows 297 at 600 lift
exhaust 238 at 600 lift
there part# TFS-51400004 a set of 1.6 roller rockers ..im using the stock cam...fuel upgrades are going to be a 340 lph pump,42# injectors,MAF conversion,70mm TB, an AEM wide band, The car is going to be tuned..Im going to be running about 9-10 psi...will i make 400 rwhp and do you think i can get my heavy vert into the 11's?...Im trying to get some better parts to help with HP..I know the stock block islimited..but with a safe tune i should be ok no? Thanks

Im going to be using felpro 9333 pt1's and studs....

This going on an 87 GT convertible..thats still Speed density...thats why im converting it...It has an Worked AOD mild stall 2600 rpms i think i need more...and 3.55's

• Sponsors (?)

Id use Fel-Pro 1011-1 head gaskets (stainless fire ring, they are OK to run on a good alum head they will not mark them)

400RWHP should be easy with equalt or more torque...Keep the tune in check! If you can get it to hook it will go 11's with that power, but Id like to see a little more stal so it can leave harder, 3:73s would get my vote with the AOD.

Good Luck with the On3, sometimes they fit, sometimes they dont

Thanks Guys the car is going to get sub frames...a 6 point roll cage installed,I run Mickey thomspons ET drag radials now..I will look into get some upper and lower control arms and the torque boxes reinforced..Thanks Guys i did get the car to go 13.3 with the mods in my sig with no tune and Still speed density just locked timing and the meth kit...I think i could have gotten high 12's i did a 104 mph...Oh yeah i agree the stall i wish was higher if or when the trans goes i will get a better one...

I see you've upped the ante a good bit with the new heads-that ought to make a very fun DD-like Rick said-good numbers and capable of hitting 11s with traction and higher launches. Good luck bro!

Yeah i figured if im going to take the heads off why not get a decent set of heads...maybe that will help get me to my goals....I hope lol...

Let's think about this for a moment...

Solid bottom end
TFS heads
TFS intake w/ larger TB/MAF etc
Turbo (do you happen to know size of turbo?)
Stall
3.73s
Chassis stiffening
Good launches

If it doesn't meet your goals after it's tuned and driving, then your expected outcome may be a little lofty. Estimates of how much power my car had before I tore it down were anywhere between 360-420rwhp (nearest dyno was two hours drive so I just never went), and it was loads of fun to drive.

The turbo is hot side 70mm .68 ar...i have 3.55's and my stall is about 2600 rpms...I will have sub frames and a 6 point roll cage installed...and torque boxes reinforced...i need upper and lower rear control arms too..lol...i run Mickey thomspon ET drag radials...I think it should make good HP and be fun to drive!!!

When you go to get control arms, I'd recommend adjustable uppers so you can adjust your pinion angle. There was a thread on here not that long ago about a 12 sec stock Mustang checklist. Even if your goals are quicker times, there are still plenty of useful tips in there...lemme see if I can find it...