thinking about headers?

00GTpony

Mar 10, 2007
i thinkign about getting a set of Pypes Long Tubes... Are Long tubes worth it?.... Also will long tubes make my car louder?

I will be doing install myself so im not worried about the price of the install.

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on your goals for the car.

EDITED

I just posted and noticed you are doing the labor.

Yes, get the headers. Worth a solid tenth, maybe close to two.

When I put on my longtubes (had stock manifolds before) I noticed that they seemed to quiet things down inside the cab of the car; at least at typical RPMs anyway. Obviously if you're spinning 6k it's gonna be loud no matter what...

a lot of people say they dont help the 2v engines as much as 4v engines which is pretty much true, but imo, the sound it produces is awesome, and you will still get a good 9 hp out of it. give or take a lil hp.

Sorry, what??? I gained ~30rwhp from my lt's ALONE, and I already had catback and o/r x-pipe before the lt's so I know it wasn't those hahaha....

They are a quieter, and more mellow...and sound 10x better.

Full exhaust was definitely a wise investment. Its not a HUGE jump in performance but worth it. I have the pypes lts and they are WAY more than i paid for. well worth it. the only problem i had with them is: on of the primaries rubs just barely on the steering shaft ubolt. i fixed this with a file and ground down the sides just a tad. small fix, easy to do.

with my setup, pypes lts, vrs p/r x, slp lm2s the car is DEF quieter at idle and cruising rpms. it comes alive when u get on it. my old setup( mac catback with catted x) was louder at idle and cruising.