Thoughts on UPR X pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

the bassani does the same thing but cost 3 times as much.. they are 2.5 inchpipes shaped like a x, there can't possibly be much sound or power difference. now if you compare a X to a H or a catted pipe not thats different.

The bassani does have some benefits for it's price. For us rust belt guys stainless steel is kind of nice. and the bassani peice looks nice.

I was looking at a Bassani X at Mustang Week, and it looked really nice quality and finish wise, but the price is a little out there even without cats.

Arent Bassani and BBK "stamped" X pipes though?

svttech76 said:
the bassani does the same thing but cost 3 times as much.. they are 2.5 inchpipes shaped like a x, there can't possibly be much sound or power difference. now if you compare a X to a H or a catted pipe not thats different.

The bassani does have some benefits for it's price. For us rust belt guys stainless steel is kind of nice. and the bassani peice looks nice.
I agree Mike Bassanis' quality and looks is definitly better
than the upr x pipe. :nice:

Stang|ess said:
The design makes a world of difference in sound. bbk and bassani are stamped xpipes, while upr, dr gas, and vrs are true x pipes.

Thats what I had though. Im not a big fan of the BBK X pipe, Bassani looks similar to it, but I guess its just the general design.

wow

I am going to install the catted UPR Xpipes on my 02 mustang GT with 99 Cobra engine this weekend. will post thoughts on them soon
OK ,I put the UPR'S on this morning and am I glad i did.I could definately feel a real nice Horsepower gain which is important to me and man does my car sound wicked,I love the sound.I have a Granatelli 90MM maf and a Accufab twin 63 throttlebody on the intake side along with a Jake Lamatta tune. I had some 355 gears installed along with a magnaflow catback exhaust and these UPR Xpipes really are what the Cobra engine needed to take advantage of the other mods it has, i am betting I got at least 20 more horsepower .the engine posted 278 RWHP on Jakes Dyno before I put on the Xpipes so I will know how much power I got from them.I also just recently installed a set of the Granatelli weight jacker lower control arms and like them as well the car feels tighter .

Have had one for almost 4 years now and I love it. Only downfall is it is not stainless. But I coated it in a high temperature flat black paint.
I have no rust problems as of yet and it was a DD in Cincinnati all sorts of weather only garaged part of the time.