Throttle Body

SuperDust22

The Power of Pixie Dust?!
Oct 19, 2003
Gilbert,AZ
I am getting a new intake manifold so I am getting a new throttle body. Are all throttle bodys about the same or are some better than others. What size should I get. I will thinking 70mm. They sell some Pro Producation polished TBs on ebay for $159. Is that a good deal.

• Sponsors (?)

Most people don't gain much from a TB swap. There are people in the 10's on the stock 60mm TB. If I were you, I'd put that money towards a higher stall torque converter or put it in the heads and cam account.

Jake

The 65mm, 70mm and the 75mm were all $159. But I just have never heard to Pro Producations. 94GTStang did you think getting a TB was a good buy. Did you pick up much power or throttle response. What does you GT run in the 1/4.

I have yet to talk to anyone who has actually ever owned one of those power pro TB's so i can't personally say what they are like. BUT if you want to be the first to try it out (guinea pig?) i'd suggest buying it from late model resto supply because they are selling them for $140.
Mike

The Ford 65mm is top quality and you get new tps and ics with it.

I agree with the others in this thread about the low gain of a t/b upgrade. Lot of air has to flow before a BIG gain would be seen.

I got close to the 300 mark with the stock t/b & maf.

If you decide on the Ford t/b, Powered by Ford had the best price about 2 weeks ago when I upgraded mine.

Later
Grady