Throttle lever bushing missing on my car (for the TV cable)

G302A

Oct 29, 2008
Can anyone point me at an online source for the little plastic or brass bushing that goes in the throttle arm bracket to hold the TV cable for my AOD.

Or just tell me what it is properly called so I can ask for it!!!

Thanks

Gordon

• Sponsors (?)

If we're talkin about the same part, it was upgraded (from plastic to metal IIRC). You should be getting the superceded part when you order one. The dealership should have one, though sometimes you have to buy a lot of them (they come in like a package of 5 or something like that).

If you still have the nylon version of the grommet, get the new metal one, there's a TSB regarding its replacement for the metal bushing/clip like HISSIN5.0 mentioned..... Ford has issued a kit (p/n F3SZ-7H303-B) that completely replaces the grommet with a brass bushing and hairpin.
k001cnts.jpe

The only sign (which you want to avoid) is when the bushing crumbles and the TV rod gets detached from the throttle lever, drive the car for 3-5 miles, and say good bye to the 4th. gear clutch pack....... requiring a transmission overhaul.

Attachments

• k001cnts.jpe
    k001cnts.jpe
    7.1 KB · Views: 596
I'm glad you asked about those, I need them too, as of right now mine is held to the lever with a peice of rubber hose and a zip-tie to snug it in there, kind of getto but it works for now and it was like that when I bought the car last year.:shrug: