Time to upgrade brakes, got question

• Sponsors (?)

no, each brake manufacturer has a different bedding procedure for how to drive the first time you use the brakes. when i had the mustang i followed Brembo's procedure and then Hawk's procedure when i did a pad and rotor swap.

by all means do the Cobra rear upgrade. it will balance out the braking nicely. if you want to spend big $$, get the Willwood brakes front and rear.

Do it if you don't mind pulling the axles out.

I did the 13's and agree that the balance of the car leaned more heavily to the front towards braking, but i never had the desire to pull axles out to install the rear kit even though it's dirt cheap at $175.

Also it looks funny with massive front rotors and small rear rotors

But my car is a daily driver, so it's not pushed hard too often

Front kit can be had for $350ish-400 depending on what kind of calipers you buy.

Rear kit is $175 and requires pulling the axles. You can buy cobra calipers or you can modify and use your GT stuff.

www.buyfordracing.com has both kits
Yikes, I don't want to pull the axles for the rear kit. How much does it cost to modify the GT rear for the Cobra Calipers?

Not all that bad really. I think refilling the diff with fluid is the hardest part. There are tons of write-ups on pulling axle shafts. Once you do it and see how they are in, you'll be afraid to drive your car again!

How difficult is it to drop them?

its not difficult just time consuming. i did my fronts in about a hour per side but, the rears took almost all day. just take your time and make sure you have a manual and a good torque wrench. Most threads will tell you that the anti moan brackets wont fit. but in most cases they do because the U-bolt goes through the shock mount NOT in front of it.

OK.....so if your doing the rear brakes anyway, it only takes me an extra 5 minutes to pull the axles out. Pop off the cover, remove the center shaft and pull out the c-clips, done. What's the big deal?

It's not exactly that easy.

I can do the job with my eyes closed, but about a month ago i had to change one of my axles seals that started leaking i was still cursing and hating every second of the job.

Easy job on paper, but PITA when you actually do it.