Timing advance

• Sponsors (?)

It varies with every single individual motor and variables pertaining to that owner. 10* on 87 is not unusual.

Welcome to the boards!

Good luck.

EDIT: Edited because I originally thought this was a Fox Tech question. The T4/U4 puters wont allow as much timing as the A9 series.

This is going to sound outrageous but I have run 13 degrees, both by twisting the dizzy and via the TwEECer, on a basically stock car on 87 octane and I don't ping at all.

My car does run cool though, after 45 minutes on the highway the temp gauge is barely in the brackets for normal. Sitting in summer traffic it will hit the O rarely.

Adam

one thing to remember is that detonation isnt always audible. what timing you can get away with all depends on your driving habits, condition of the motor, quality of gas, and weather. what works for others may not work for you and vice versa. my only recommendation is to try and see what you come up with.

Green 94 5.0 said:
one thing to remember is that detonation isnt always audible. what timing you can get away with all depends on your driving habits, condition of the motor, quality of gas, and weather. what works for others may not work for you and vice versa. my only recommendation is to try and see what you come up with.
:stupid: try it and find out how high you can go. go in 2 degree incriments until it pings then back it down till it doesn't

old mustang i had at 14* on 87 octane