Timing Question!!!

I drove all the way from KY to NC with a loose distibutor. I found this out 2 days after I got to NC cuz my car was running like crap. I decided to check the timing, so when I went to check my distributor it was loose. I got the the timing back to where it would run so-so. I have a cylinder missing now. Do I need to goto TDC and start from there? How do I get to TDC to advance back to 14 degrees? Yes I have a timing light. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

88stangracer said:
I drove all the way from KY to NC with a loose distibutor. I found this out 2 days after I got to NC cuz my car was running like crap. I decided to check the timing, so when I went to check my distributor it was loose. I got the the timing back to where it would run so-so. I have a cylinder missing now. Do I need to goto TDC and start from there? How do I get to TDC to advance back to 14 degrees? Yes I have a timing light. Thanks
If you haven't had the dist. out no need to worry about TDC. Just unplug the spout connector, set the timing and tighten down the dist. , plug the spout back in. You're done. :nice: