Tokico, Koni or Bilstein?

Which one would you guys pick? I ordered the Konis like 2 months ago from a place that keeps telling me there on back order, i have called around and everyone seems to have them on back order. So with that said i am tired of waiting unless its really worth the wait. What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

I have Bilsteins and I love them. My Stang handles like it's on rails ( but I also have subframe connectors, G- Load brace, strut tower brace, and Eiback springs). I have also had Tokicos. They were good but the Bilsteins are better IMO. I reccomend Bilsteins. Good luck :nice:

Can't go wrong with Koni's but I hear the Bilsteins are the way to go. I've never heard a person say one bad thing about them. In fact every person I've talked to has absolutely raved about em. on the same note I've never heard of a Koni owner complaining, but a lot of them, including myself, are more indifferent towards them.

A lot of people, like me, are probably wondering if the Bilstein's are worth the extra cost over other brands... what I mean is, I have no doubt they're the best, because I've never heard anyone say otherwise, but it's hard to justity spending $400+ on shocks/struts unless I know they're leaps and bounds above the next cheapest thing.

Kinda like shopping for heads, we may all know AFR's are the "best", but a lot of us can't justify the extra price when we'd be pretty happy with a set of Edlebrocks for a lot less money...

I think you'll be happy - I've used nothing but Bilstein's on everything from an Explorer to my Volvo and my wife's BMW --- had nothing but great success from them. Like many things (autos especially) European, you'll like them more and they'll work better the longer you use them.

Are the Bilsteins adjustable? The ones on my Impala SS clone are not, and I only think of them as OK but kind of pricey shocks. I have Koni reds on my 5.0 Mustang, and I like the adjustability. But some have found the reds too soft on the front struts, and gone to reds on the rear, with yellow on the fronts. The reds have been OK all around on mine, although the fronts are up near the limit of their adjustment. Frankly, it's tough on any car to spend $400-$600 on shocks/struts, when you can get OK street drivers like KYB's for half that.