Torque Converter Question

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
Westland, MI
Well, we got the PI swap going on my buddy's Crown Vic, and it's going nicely. We have some 4.10s going in as soon as we're done as well. The car already has a shift kit installed. What would be a good stall torque converter to get for this car? I was thinking something high would be good, but I don't know what too high would be. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

I could be wrong but I thought you can't put in gears if it already has a shift kit or vis versa.

never heard that one - doesn't make much sence.
I'd recommend a 10-10.5" 3200+ stall TC. The pi swap will push up the torque curve, so higher than 3200 will work just fine. I'd do with a 3400 stall if i did it again, although a 3600 is still very streetable and friendly

never heard that one - doesn't make much sence.
I'd recommend a 10-10.5" 3200+ stall TC. The pi swap will push up the torque curve, so higher than 3200 will work just fine. I'd do with a 3400 stall if i did it again, although a 3600 is still very streetable and friendly

I was told by the guy who installed my gears, so I got confused after he told me that and I thought you could.

Nice sig btw:lol:

ha, yeah - i'm known for my car alarm inducing power. Either way, if i go to Fresno or if you come to So. Cal we should shoots pm's accordingly and we'll cruise:nice:

Lol. I love setting car alarms off at school:D Yeah man a cruise sounds good. I know some other people with mustangs up here so we can all hang out. Just let this crappy weather pass. I'm looking foward to this summer already.

it really depends on what you want and what your going to have as far as mods. if you put in cams, you need higher - twin screw - i'd say lower, turbo i'd say higher. It all depends on where your peak torque is

I'm really debating on cams because it's not gas friendly, heads may be more of a possible mod down the road for me, a lower intake, tranny cooler, and suspension work. I would still like the car to be street-able.