total weight of 68 coupe?

• Sponsors (?)

I doubt they are that light. I have a 65 mustang (smaller than a 68) with aluminum heads, radiator, manifold, center section, lightweight coilover front suspension (my design), carbon fiber hood and a lot of other parts that are lighter. My car weighs 2800. My 65 falcon weighs 2699, it has a fiberglass front end, a lot of aluminum, lighter front seats, lightweight coilover front suspension (another one of my designs).

i would guess closer to 3200lbs. They added a lot of steel and the car is wider.

that seems a lil heavy for a 65 with all that lightening. i thought those cars were about 2700 from the factory... they had a horsepower per 10 pounds with the hipo 271 horse engine. im not calling you a liar at all but your car sounds much lighter than that. i mean heads alone should remove a good 40 lbs minimum. where do you weigh your car. i would like to weigh mine but where is an accurate place... there a truck scales around my area but im not sure how precise those could be when they are used to weighing 6-7 ton box vans.

In 1970 I raced a 1968 428 CJ fastback with a C-6 in Super Stock with complete interior it had to weigh 3186 and to get that weight I had to have a full tank of gas and spare tire. In 1971 I raced my 1969 428 CJ Mustang and the shipping weight was 3272. Again to get it to weigh that much I had to run with a full tank of gas and a spare tire. I had headers and an aluminum intake and a full interior.
The shipping weight for a 302 1968 coupe is 2874.