tough decision

tjmaxx

Jun 21, 2004
Ok guys and gals im in a tough spot. There is two Mustangs I am looking at right now. One is a 93 notch 5.0, the other is a 01 Gt. I have not looked at either in person so dont know to much about them. All I know about the notch is it looks mint and stock from the road and it is dark green with the 5.0 engine. Did they offer a dark green notch in 93? I am hoping it is 5spd. They want 6k for it. Seems like a good deal as long as it is stock. It is at a used car dealer. The 01 GT Mustang is dark blue with leather interior and 17k on it. It has exhaust and airfilter. It is a 5spd which is what I want. They want $12,500 for it, which seems pretty good. I plan to look at both tomorrow. Both are very realistic for me to get but two very different cars. Now I rarely look at the new ones 99+ I pretty much look for a fox. My question is what would you do? I know the 5.0 wont be as nice of a ride and will make more noices and need more maintance, and the new one will be alot nicer ride and less maintance. I have the 01 set as my desk top and it is really growing on me. The price is very different I will owe my parents money if I buy the more expensive one but would it be worth it? And will I end up putting that much into the older one just to get it in tip top shape? If it helps I am 17 but have been into Mustangs for ever and I dont know why because no one in my immediate family has ever had one. I think me and a Mustang are just made for each other Now I can finally affford one.

Sorry for the length of this post, but I am very confused on the decision. I want both,lol
I posted this in the 5.0 forums but want your guys's opinions also.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know if it makes a difference but either one I get will be put either in the garage or in storrage for the winter. I pretty much want a car for car shows and going to the local track every once in a while. I dont plan to street race at all. The cars my friends have and I would be going to car shows and the track with are a couple of fox body mustangs a couple 05 GTO's and maybe even a 97 Cobra.

You sound exactly like me fro the last 4 mnths of my life :lol: but i have now had both and you will prolly like the 01 better ! they are faster ,sleeker ,leather is a plus , My opinion is go for the 01! Even if you were going to spend the balace on mods for the 93 it wont get you as far as you think and something will be left unatended !:nice: hope this helps
Ryan!

Ok well it wasnt a notch:nonono: it was a 7up edition convert and a auto but in near mint condition. I will take a look at the 01 and let you guys know how it is.

Thanks for all the replys I am going to look at it tomorrow or Monday when ever the rain stops. The only thing is there are two other guys wanting it, and I wont be able to buy for another week atleast.

When i had my my 5.0L GT,i thought it was the best thing ever,then i got the '03 GT,and man that felt like more the car the 5.0 could ever be.Yeah the 5.0 can be built to go fast cheap.But the 4.6 can be fast too,(even though a little more bucks to make it faster),and you still have a confortable,solid ride,with the air cranked on high after a hot day at the track.This is my opinion though. :shrug: :D

svttech76 said:
but keep in mind the 5.0 fox is slower in it's stock form.

Depends on the model. If your comparing a 5.0 GT and a 00 GT with a 5 speed, the 00 will win. If your comparing a 5.0 notchback and the 00 GT, both 5 speed my money is on the 5.0 notch. The LX hatch and GT the 00 GT would take it, IMO.

If the 5.0 was a notchback 5 speed I would nab that. Like said, if your on limited funds and want a cheap and fast car, thats the way to go. If you want more "comfort" than the 00 is more freindly in that respect.

But you said you want a show car and something to run at the strip... either one will do it, and do it well.