Toyota halts production on 8 models....

• Sponsors (?)

Whats really really ironic that you mention this recall that TOYOTA took it upon themselves to do this for their customers safety. They didnt wait on the government to issue the recall for them.

The real ironic part of this is when this was released last Friday, My Toyota dealership had our biggest day yet for car sales. We had 120 customers come through and 40 new and used car sales.

Please keep up the publicity.

I have a toyota 4runner but not affected by the recall.I think its more than one issue.Im sure the engineers know what the problem is.Oh yeah Toyotas are built in the US, built by American workers,Don't hate on imports they do typically last longer.:rolleyes:

Whats really really ironic that you mention this recall that TOYOTA took it upon themselves to do this for their customers safety. They didnt wait on the government to issue the recall for them.

The real ironic part of this is when this was released last Friday, My Toyota dealership had our biggest day yet for car sales. We had 120 customers come through and 40 new and used car sales.

Please keep up the publicity.

:lol:

These are the people hoping to catch a suit for some $$$

eh not so much who drives em old people..

and anything will last ..treat it right maintain it ..it will last forever...i and 200k thats a breakin period i seen a fords with double + that

Not so true,I had a 2005 Chevy Colorado that had nothing but trouble,at 75k the truck pretty much fell apart(but is was a Chevy).Not all cars are create equal.Toyota is a good product and better than most on reliability.You are correct about ford, my friend has a 1998 Mustang GT with over 300k on original engine and automatic trans,you sure cant beat that.Thats why I have one.:nice:

My 77 Cobra was in a barn for 20 years. Pulled it out, changed the oil and gas, and it popped right off. Not saying other cars can't, or won't do that, but I respect Ford because they've always proved very reliable to me.

First off...I LOVE my Mustang, and am not into bashing any car company....they all have their good points and their problems...

I have owned MANY cars and trucks from MANY different manufacturers.

My last truck was a 1995.5 Toyota Tacoma. I drove it daily, as well as thrashed it hard offroad almost every weekend. It has been buried in mud, driven through rivers, bashed against rocks and trees, and when I traded it in it had over 230,000 miles on it. The only thing that ever went wrong with it is it blew the head gasket, and that was because the belt came off and it overheated while mud running. And it still ran just fine with no loss of power. The 2.7L 4 cylinder engine was one of the most powerful (for the size) and most reliable engines that I have ever had.

Yes, Toyota vehicles have had some issues as of late. The rusting frames being one, and the throttle by wire being the latest. But, Toyota has voluntarily taken care of these at a HUGE expense. They bought back 12 year old vehicles for 1.5x KBB, which is UNPRECEDENTED in the auto industry. And for the record, no Japanese built vehicles were affected by these recalls. They were all failures of parts that were farmed out to American suppliers. The defective part in the sticking throttle recall is made in canada by an American company called CTS.

And have you looked at the list of TSBs for the Mustang? The list is huge, and many of these problems should NOT be a TSB, but a recall! Water leaking into the passenger compartment in model year after model year, and Ford not fixing the problem, and making the customer foot the bill is NOT acceptable.

So, go ahead and flame away...but Toyotas are still some of the most reliable vehicles out there, which is why I bought a '90 Toyota 4x4 for a winter beater/offroad rig.

First off...I LOVE my Mustang, and am not into bashing any car company....they all have their good points and their problems...

I have owned MANY cars and trucks from MANY different manufacturers.

My last truck was a 1995.5 Toyota Tacoma. I drove it daily, as well as thrashed it hard offroad almost every weekend. It has been buried in mud, driven through rivers, bashed against rocks and trees, and when I traded it in it had over 230,000 miles on it. The only thing that ever went wrong with it is it blew the head gasket, and that was because the belt came off and it overheated while mud running. And it still ran just fine with no loss of power. The 2.7L 4 cylinder engine was one of the most powerful (for the size) and most reliable engines that I have ever had.

Yes, Toyota vehicles have had some issues as of late. The rusting frames being one, and the throttle by wire being the latest. But, Toyota has voluntarily taken care of these at a HUGE expense. They bought back 12 year old vehicles for 1.5x KBB, which is UNPRECEDENTED in the auto industry. And for the record, no Japanese built vehicles were affected by these recalls. They were all failures of parts that were farmed out to American suppliers. The defective part in the sticking throttle recall is made in canada by an American company called CTS.

And have you looked at the list of TSBs for the Mustang? The list is huge, and many of these problems should NOT be a TSB, but a recall! Water leaking into the passenger compartment in model year after model year, and Ford not fixing the problem, and making the customer foot the bill is NOT acceptable.

So, go ahead and flame away...but Toyotas are still some of the most reliable vehicles out there, which is why I bought a '90 Toyota 4x4 for a winter beater/offroad rig.

Completely true. Toyota has been very proactive about the accelerator pedal recall. I work for Toyota and couldnt be happier to work for them. I truely feel both fortunate and honered to work for such a company.

Truthfully, only a small percentage of the millions of Toyotas sold in the last 5 years going back to the 05 Avalon are actually involved in the recall. And the real ironic part is that the gas pedal that is defective is built right here in the US.

I work for a Fleet Leasing company with over 250,000 vehicles on the road in the US, so i get the updates about this. Toyota almost had to be forced into looking into this problem, they tried to blame it all on the floor mat issue, Toyota took to long to look into this, Toyotas used to be reliable, but they are getting cheap while the American vehicles are getting better, and just because its built in American by Americans doesn't make it an American car to me theres a little more to it then that, funny story actually my sister told my dad that she wanted a Scion before, my dad told her that he hopes her bf will let her stay with him cuz he doesn't want that crap in his driveway...maybe thats where i got the dislike for imports....