Trac Lock with stock gears

mymuscle

Jul 12, 2007
Im new to this forum.
Does anyone have a posi with stodk gears on the stock7.5 axel?
If so did you do it yourself or have it installed? if so how much?

I think it is too expensive to have it installed for 500 bucks when i can do it, so I am going to do it myself and was wondering which bearing kit to buy with the lock and if there is anything specific i should know before i get in too deep.

thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

Im new to this forum.
Does anyone have a posi with stodk gears on the stock7.5 axel?

I think it is too expensive to have it installed for 500 bucks when i can do it, so I am going to do it myself and was wondering which bearing kit to buy with the lock and if there is anything specific i should know before i get in too deep.

thanks for any help

3 words if you don't know exactly what you're doing: "Don't do it". Ring and pinions must be set up correctly with dial indicators or they will eat themselves up. Backlash has to be correct and gear mesh must be right in the middle of the ring gear. In this case it's way better to pay someone to do it right. Or all the money you'll spent on a T-Loc will be down the drain after you buy a new ring and pinion, and maybe more.

Im new to this forum.
Does anyone have a posi with stock gears on the stock 7.5 axel?

I have the T-lok with the stock gears ....

paid for a professional install from a Gear House (not the Dealer!)

> :p because I didn't want to hear any whining.

Thanks man, the dealer tried to charge me 500+ just for the install, and the local drivetrain shop wanted to charge me 300 for the part and 250-300 for the install. Did you buy the parts and have the shop install them or did you just buyt the parts from the shop? if you bought the parts somewhere else, where and how much?
thanks

Thanks man, the dealer tried to charge me 500+ just for the install, and the local drivetrain shop wanted to charge me 300 for the part and 250-300 for the install. Did you buy the parts and have the shop install them or did you just buyt the parts from the shop? if you bought the parts somewhere else, where and how much?
thanks

I purchased the T-lok unit (brand new) off eBay for about $200.00

good luck with your install, it'll truly be one of the best mods you'll ever do to the V6.

f07bca56.jpg

Newbie to the car modding process here, so forgive the naive question.

Could someone explain what a t-lok does for you? My assumption is that it provides power to both wheels equally, not variably? Are there benefits to having one for street driving or is it strictly for the track?

J

Newbie to the car modding process here, so forgive the naive question.

Could someone explain what a t-lok does for you? My assumption is that it provides power to both wheels equally, not variably? Are there benefits to having one for street driving or is it strictly for the track?

J

Hi Tupperware,

The T-LOK does NOT apply power evenly... not sure of the exact ratio, but it is NOT 50/50.

But thats OK. It give you more than enough traction to get you moving where before you would just "sit and spin"...

Give it too much power and it gets "squirrely"... Pushes you left then right...

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5987771

But you get used to it!!

After you do, it works more like this....

http://media.putfile.com/SOHCman-Pypes-Acceleration

:nice:

BEST mod I've done... well, the duals are tied with it!

LOL

SOHC