track results not what you expected.

autumn_again

Oct 2, 2007
Hamilton, NJ
okay, so i went to the track tonight. for the cruise night, and by the time i got there, they JUST closed tech inspection.I still stayed and watched other cars, and it made me enjoy my car more.hearing the sound of the cars seeing all the nice done up ones and on the way there i was behind a 94-95 cobra that sounded amazing.

i was feeling very uneasy about my car, didn't know if i should keep or invest into a newer less miles car in better condition. but now after being around all these modified cars, i just want to work on mine day by day.

thinking about all the different cars i would go with if i had to choose something else, nothing really sparked my interest, a few cars were nice, but they werent anything special to me.

so now i have decided i'm going to throw a few treats on my car right now, as i'm saving up to do the motor.

calling a few junkyards tomorrow, finding a wrecked explorer or mountaineer with a 5.0 in it, and using the longblock while my current block is being built up get the heads ported and polished real nice. going to go with a different cam, and bigger injectors. i'll replace the power steering pump on my car, and i'll replace the fuel pump with something bigger, thinking 255lph.

i'm going to see about going to cj pony parts this weekend and picking up long tubes and a offroad pipe.

i want to do the car up all really nice, and work on one section at a time. first i'm going to go with exhaust, then i'm going to probably go to the rear end, then probably suspension, then while i'm building the motor up do paint and body. then just minor things.

nothing really speaks out to me for new cars, best thing i found was a 98 cobra vert, and it was nice and all, but way too many things i'd change right away. to be dropping the 13k they wanted for it, i would need the car to be exactly what i want. this cars a great platform for modifying, and something to work with. possibilities are endless.

so let this be the start, of one very in depth build thread!

• Sponsors (?)

Thats what Iam doing Stages. first was the suspesion then exhuast then rearend now hopefully the engine. But my gears are whining lol So they need be replace but Now I want to go with a different rearend, but then I'll have to change my exhuast, SO YEAH.................

The 255 pump should work fine thats what Iam running on stock motor.
Good luck finding a motor.

Thats what Iam doing Stages. first was the suspesion then exhuast then rearend now hopefully the engine. But my gears are whining lol So they need be replace but Now I want to go with a different rearend, but then I'll have to change my exhuast, SO YEAH.................

The 255 pump should work fine thats what Iam running on stock motor.
Good luck finding a motor.

thank you. yeah i'm going to be doing it in steps too. i'm just so pumped i can't wait to get started haha.

my gears whining in my rear end now, i put my 3.73s in. so i figure i'll put stronger axles in, maybe a new diff. and throw a few shims in to correct it.

my transmission is screwy too, so i think when i throw the rebuilt motor in, i'll throw either a rebuilt or brand new trans in too.

i think first i'm going with full exhaust since my flows are rusted out now. then after that start on suspension. i'll probably start gathering parts for the body late sept, because of the swap meet and me having a van in my reach, so i can get the hood i want without 150 bucks shipping.

Are you looking for another car to mod or your 94 GT?

keeping mine. figure its paid off, and i can afford to make it something different. every other car i've looked at i've had a list of mods right away that i would want to do.

the next two paychecks basically all of them are going to a junkyard explorer longblock. going to get the heads ported and polished, throw a nice cam in. and probably bigger injectors. set it up real nice and then rip apart mine, so i can build it and take my time on it. when pulling the old motor to throw the new in i'm going to paint up the engine bay and throw a tubular K member in. maybe hide some wires.

One small piece of advice is to check the prices on porting the GT40P heads I'll bet by the time you get a valve job done and have them ported you could buy a set of aftermarket aluminum heads. I know it cost me 200 just to do a valve job on my heads and that didn't include having any guides replaced or getting the surfaces milled to straighten them.