tranny problems..

speedwolf94

Jul 16, 2009
hey guys im new here. i had a bike for a while but then got something so i could transport some stuff while still having something somewhat fast. I just got the car a couple days ago and after 52 miles of having the car the tranny broke on me... i test drove it and everything and it was fine... still really pissed cause the guy said its ur car now not his problems... so its time to tear into the tranny and see what im dealing with..

ok so problem is when i press down clutch pedal, it goes down like half way then clunks to the floor but the clutch doesnt disengage. at first i thought the clutch cable broke and that was the cause but i took the dust cover off and it seemd fine. Right before this happened the clutch seemed a little hard but i have never drivin a cable clutch before and thought that it was just a harder clutch. It does have a short throw shift kit in it so the let out for the clutch is quite short. when i had the dust cover off the shift fork seemed loose (could wobble back and forth), im not sure if it is supposed to be like that or tight.

im gona be working on it tomarow so any sugestions to look for anything or what to look for, things to look for while taking the tranny apart. im not a complete stranger to cars but i dont know aton and im going to be having a couple buddies helping me so we can see if we can get this figured out

• Sponsors (?)

it was deffenently the quadrent... got a new one comin soon.. another question is that the little time i drove it second gear grinded if i slam it into gear but if i put it in lightly it goes in fine. and if i down shift the rpms have to be around the right rpms to go into gear even with the clutch in, im not sure if that could of been because of the just about shot quadrant or not.. im not sure if it is the synchronizer or if the shorthrow is not ajusted right, i wasnt sure if you guys know much about that or if its just another problem that i have to find