tranny swap problem?

fixemup257

Mar 14, 2004
Hey guys i just switched from an automatic to stick, and everything went smooth and the tranny works fine. I have 2 problems however. My mustang is a 1995 with the electronic instrument cluster so obviously the speed sensor doesnt work, and if i do hook it up ill be cruising at 30 and the guages show that im pegged out at 110 and the car starts to cut. That is one problem, the other is once i get into 5th gear and run exactly up to 2,ooo rpms the power quits, it just stays where it is. Is this because of the auto CPU? what can i do to fix these problems, anyone have any idea?

• Sponsors (?)

sorry i didn't email you back,hotmail kept returning the email to me

but heres what you need to do:

you need to use a 5 speed wiring harness from your year of your car.. so if you have a 98.. you need a transmission wiring harness from a 96-98 mustang... and if you have a 94 or 95 you need a wiring harness from a 94-95 (I have one if you are interested in it).

as for the computer.. i picked up a Fordchip from www.fordchip.com

just tell them you converted from an automatic to a 5 speed and tell them your mods on your car and they will send you a chip.. all you have to do is plug th echip into the back of the computer

it cost around $315

if you have any more questions i'll be happy to answer them

-Steve

I am very interested in the wiring harness. Name your reasonable price and we can arrange something. Thank you for the reply also, that was a big help, Ill have to look into that chip, i Know im going to need it. Thanks again