Transmission fluid

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
My wife’s 2013 2.0 Ecoboost Escape owners manual says the first transmission fluid change is scheduled at 150,000 miles. I just did a triple drain and refill running through 12 qts of new LV fluid. Her odometer is at 26,850. Look at this fluid comparison between old and new. The old stuff is jet black. They should recommend it sooner than 150k in my opinion.

IMG_3182.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Btw, the transmission on this vehicle as well as many others these days have no transmission cooling lines or coolers whatsoever. All the more reason fluid changes should be made more frequently.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
I see trans fluid like this all the time.
GM has a bulletin for some of the Silverado transmissions to perform a fluid exchange for a transmission shudder. And they have a trans cooler.
It happens as soon as 25K miles. It fixes the concern and we get paid fairly well to do it. 24 qtrs of fluid used in the exchange process.

Most car manufacturers claim lifetime trans. This only means the trans will last till your warranty is up.
I'm sure your wife's warrantee is not for 150'000 miles.

Yeah I believe they don’t want things to last anymore. They want you returning every few years for a new piece of junk. Heck, most of the replacement parts are junk these days too. And don’t get overloaded with confidence just because you buy a part from the car dealer.

• Agree