transmission

mauimike420

Jun 26, 2004
home
i have a t5 and ive always had alil bit of a problem with 2nd gear and the other day when i was down shifting it kept poping outta gear then like 30 minutes later i could bearly get it to go into 2nd and now today it doesnt wanna stay in first gear it just pops into nuetral is this the throwout bearing or clutch or synchros? :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey man forgive me if this sounds stupid or like an insult but is your clutch cable adjusted right???I ask cause I had my adjustable clutch cable tooo tight and at first the rpms would run high like the clutch was not let out enough.After a few runs I thought it was broke in fine but it did the same thing your talking about until I let it out a few turns of the adjusting nut???How many miles on that t-5????

I don't remember where I saw it, but I remember seeing something about how someone installed a new transmission and accidently broke a little piece off and they had the same problem.

Stock Quadrant? Fire Wall Adjuster? Just a stock replacment cable? The stock quadrant is junk, it wears out over time. I sounds like your not completly getting the trans into gear, your asking for disaster. I would first see about getting a quadrant kit, which comes with adjustable cable, FWA, and a new METAL quadrant, you'll love it. I bet that will fix your problem. If a syncro was going out it usually would grind going into gear.

i have a metal quadrant but the wire that came with it snaped so i had to buy a new one and it does grind going into gear so im pretty sure it is the synchros but im gonna pull the tranny tommorow and check out the clutch and throw out bearing