transmissions troubles...

gotchopsticks

Sep 4, 2004
i have an 02 gt, and my tranny just went out. ford had done a repair on it a while ago, and ever since it has been wierd. anyways, it locked up on me, there is no forward movement, and if it is in neutral and i let the clutch out, it goes backwards. ford says they dont kno if they can warrenty it, and i may have to pay them $800(just for the labor to see if it is covered by the warrenty) to get my car back. i have been looking for transmissions, and i found a t45, new guts, and new everything, just the same case and bellhousing, and i was curious to know if that will fit in my car. if i am correct, the t45 is a 6 speed, and a t56 is out of my price range. if needed i will resort to the stock tr3550, but a 6 speed would be nice. thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

i have T45 you can have really cheap. But since you have 02, you don't have T-45. u have TR-3650.

Anyway, so if you have it in nutral, it rolls back, but not roll forword? if it does, but not shifting, then you have very similer to what my car was doing. Turned out that i blew clutch disk apart. Install new clutch, and she is all good to go.

yes, thats what i meant, tr3650, my mistake. hmmm...guess i cant trust some sources on the internet about transmissions. i was informed a t45 was a 6 speed, oh well. will a t56 bolt up to my car? if i have it in neutral, then i let the clutch out (the car is runing) it is as if i am in reverse. the only way the car will move forward is if the clutch is in. no gear can be powered to move forward. the clutch was fully out, and i was gassing it, and the car went nowhere in any gear. all i smelled was burnt clutch...the dealership says they found bearing material everywhere...not a good sign. at this point i think buying a new tranny will be cheaper than having ford fix it. thanks