Trick Flow heads and 4.6 or 5.4 forged build?

My original Post was an N/A 5.4 2 valve with Trick flow heads and cams. Is there a link to the MMR build? would love to see the dyno. Just was wondering about the feasability and specifics if anyone had done it.

How much does a 5.0 Big bore block cost? Any links? I saw an FRPP one but it was like 3K.

John

• Sponsors (?)

The issue with the 5.4L is really its small bore and long, long stroke. Torque figuresv in the lower regions of the horsepower range are improved over the 4.6L, but its that small, shrouded bore that not only seems to limiting its horsepower making capabilities in N/A form, but also its RPM capabilities as well.

Adding a set of great flowing heads and intake to the mix will certainly help, but for the amount of work involved I can't see anyone making any really huge power numbers with one....at least not in a 2V configuration.

Now....add forced induction into the mix and the small bore becomes less relavent and these engines can start to make some big numbers (as made evident by the Ford Lightning)...but in N/A trim, the 4.6L is probably the better base choice.