Trick Flow top end kit with 1" spacer?????

jimsstang91

Dec 4, 2005
i have this kit and under my plenum i have a 1" spacer. do i have to use that? is there any benifit to useing a smaller spacer?? also i have the trick flow valve covers if i lower the spacer the throttle linkage will hit the covers.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 75mm throttlebody and no spacer, I did have to grind on the linkage bracket a little bit but everything clears and no issues. Is clearance the only reason for spacer?

yes if i took out the space it would never work. i would have to do alot more than grinding to make it fit everything is trickflow throttle body egr spacer this is the way i bought the car.

I would use it then, how is the clearance under the hood? If you can get away with it use a smaller one but it sounds like those are your options. I do know mine is close so maybe its an issue with their tolerances on the valve covers. Its hard to say what the previous owner did too. I think the only benefit the spacer has is it keeps the upper intake cooler and adds a little length to each runner. You dont have one of those spacers between the throttle body and egr plate as well do you?

I am running a 1in. spacer and I found out the hard way. You will have to cut one of the crossmembers out of the hood. I believe its the one that goes from the middle and cuts right(driver side). It wore a little into the front ribbed things on my street heat. Only cosmetic but very frustrating. I have the square trick flow tall valve covers and I still had to oblong the holes on the throttle cable bracket to make it fit alright.
Kevin

You should not have any problem with the spacer under the hood. I have a Track Heat 75mm upper and one inch spacer and i have no problems shutting the stock hood. If you decide not to use the spacer, your throttle cable shouldn't be hitting the valve covers, unless someone did something to the car that they are not supposed to. My friend has the Trick Flow top end kit with the tall valve covers and 75 mm Upper and no spacer. the cable is close, but it is not hitting the valve cover.